The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) Malta 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by throwaway4204204
cant comment on socials much given the covid affected year, but when restrictions weren't present it was largely pleasant. most the people you meet here will be friendly and welcoming. with regards to the living situation it can get quite boring at times as there isn't much to do in gozo, but that may just be due to covid so take it with a pinch of salt. if you are bothered about that, you can opt to visit malta (the main island) every so often, where there's much more to do. online shopping is pretty much a no go as the shipping will tear your wallet a new one. the studying experience is quite nice, though some lectures may be a bit **** at times, this comes w every uni. the facilities in the uni are quite modern, although it is quite small (you'll find this doesn't matter much as it's quite a small cohort anyway).

Thank you that’s very useful. I’m planning to start the course in September 2021 I guess you have been studying there for long? How was placement prior to COVID ? And how are the lectures in general? Would you recommend the programme overall? Thanks in advance
Original post by Marissa1258
Congrats everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all this September!

Original post by RC101
Hia,anybody here (except me) an undergraduate from the UK? P.S.Looking forward to meeting everyone in September :smile:

Hi, I am also an undergrad from India, looking forward to seeing everyone in September.
Reply 22
does anyone know how many students they usually take?
Original post by busaccam
Thank you that’s very useful. I’m planning to start the course in September 2021 I guess you have been studying there for long? How was placement prior to COVID ? And how are the lectures in general? Would you recommend the programme overall? Thanks in advance

well i'm a first year currently so i havent actually had any in person placements yet due to covid. the lectures are mostly ok but there are a few that are ****. however as a barts malta student you have access to both the london and malta lectures, which is a major benefit of this course as you essentially have two lectures to pick from most of the time. i think the programme is quite a unique experience, personally i would recommend it, but it largely depends on what you want from your uni experience. studying on a small island may not be for you, and neither might the small cohort size, but personally i feel both help with focus which is quite important in studying medicine. the small cohort size helps you form a closer connection with lecturers, and allows them to be much more available to help, but at the same time there's quite few people and this limits what you can do socially. i feel however as more new students come in this problem will be quickly fixed however, bearing in mind we only have around 200? students in total currently and i'm guessing the next intake should be around 100 students. do bear in mind these are my personal views though!!
(edited 3 years ago)

another reason i'm recommending it is because rent is ridiculously affordable. you can easily rent a nice apartment in victoria, where the uni is, for 600 euros, which can get even cheaper if you choose to split it with someone else.
well i'm a first year currently so i havent actually had any in person placements yet due to covid. the lectures are mostly ok but there are a few that are ****. however as a barts malta student you have access to both the london and malta lectures, which is a major benefit of this course as you essentially have two lectures to pick from most of the time. i think the programme is quite a unique experience, personally i would recommend it, but it largely depends on what you want from your uni experience. studying on a small island may not be for you, and neither might the small cohort size, but personally i feel both help with focus which is quite important in studying medicine. the small cohort size helps you form a closer connection with lecturers, and allows them to be much more available to help, but at the same time there's quite few people and this limits what you can do socially. i feel however as more new students come in this problem will be quickly fixed however, bearing in mind we only have around 200? students in total currently and i'm guessing the next intake should be around 100 students.

Interesting thank you! ☺️May I ask are you a graduate or undergraduate? I am a Uk graduate with experience in the nhs I am looking for a course that is very comprehensive knowledge wise I mean with good lectures and lecturers so I was hoping to find this in Malta? The small cohort and the social aspect of it I think I would like
Reply 26
can we do our fy1 junior doctor roles in Malta?
Interesting thank you! ☺️May I ask are you a graduate or undergraduate? I am a Uk graduate with experience in the nhs I am looking for a course that is very comprehensive knowledge wise I mean with good lectures and lecturers so I was hoping to find this in Malta? The small cohort and the social aspect of it I think I would like

i'm an undergrad. i think with the lectures it's a mixed bag, some lectures are good, and in the ones that are bad there's always the option to view the london lectures, which gives quite a bit of flexibility
Original post by RC101
Hia,anybody here (except me) an undergraduate from the UK? P.S.Looking forward to meeting everyone in September :smile:

Hello, I'm an undergrad from the UK :smile:
Yet another reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

Use this thread as your group chat.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 30
How far is Gozo from Malta? How many students are there in QMUL Malta?
Reply 31
Hey! I accepted my offer a few weeks ago. I am a UK graduate with NHS work experience :smile: Where are any other offer holders from? Are there many other graduate students? Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Current QMUL Malta students - would you recommend staying in the student accommodation for 1st year?
Hi, I wanted to connect with one of the students at the QMUL Malta campus. I recently recieved an offer and accepted it. Hope someone replies
Hiya! I accepted my offer a few weeks ago and can't wait to meet y'all in Malta this Sept! :smile:Do you guys know how to apply for accommodation?
Hi, i got an offer but i’m still unsure. Did you guys pay the 2000 right after you accepted your offer?
Original post by ysabellll
Hi, i got an offer but i’m still unsure. Did you guys pay the 2000 right after you accepted your offer?

Yeah!! Maybe email them and explain the situation if you're still not sure you're gonna accept the offer or not. Still waiting on other unis you fancy?
Hi! There is info about the accommodation on the QMUL website and I think we are going to be emailed soon when accommodation applications open, hope this helps :smile:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/student-life/qmul-malta-year-1-student-accommodation/
Original post by ellacharlottehm
Hi! There is info about the accommodation on the QMUL website and I think we are going to be emailed soon when accommodation applications open, hope this helps :smile:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/student-life/qmul-malta-year-1-student-accommodation/

Hey! Tysm! Yep, just got an email from admissions. Hopefully accommodation applications will open soon
big tip, make sure u bring a pair of noise cancelling headphones. you will not regret bringing them
Reply 39
big tip, make sure u bring a pair of noise cancelling headphones. you will not regret bringing them

How come?? Do you mean for the accommodation, or just in general?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending