tips on coping with health anxiety

Watch
sunny225
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've been struggling a bit with health anxiety for the last couple of weeks and right now I just feel really anxious and on edge. I have also found that to keep my mind of things I will just go on my phone for ages which I don't really like doing because it means I don't et anything done. I was wondering if anyone has any tips to stop feeling so anxious (particularly about my health) because I really hate feeling like this.
Thanks in advance!!
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm sorry to hear this.
Do you have a therapist or anyone you can talk to about how your feeling? If not, I'd try to find someone you feel comfortable talking to. Anxiety is a mental illness.
There are also meds that can be taken for anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
buggly21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Maybe try writing down things you can control and things you can't, and then rank things you can by level of significance. Rationalising your anxiety can sometimes ease it a little. Maybe write your feelings down, or talk to a friend or family member you're close with. It's quite normal, just if it is becoming too much, talk to your GP and see what stuff they can recommend: apps, therapy, websites, meds - they can suggest a lot that might help!
sunny225
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
I'm sorry to hear this.
Do you have a therapist or anyone you can talk to about how your feeling? If not, I'd try to find someone you feel comfortable talking to. Anxiety is a mental illness.
There are also meds that can be taken for anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
thanks for the advice! I'm feeling slightly better now than I was this morning as I did some painting to distract myself which always helps
sunny225
Rep:
?
(Original post by buggly21)
Maybe try writing down things you can control and things you can't, and then rank things you can by level of significance. Rationalising your anxiety can sometimes ease it a little. Maybe write your feelings down, or talk to a friend or family member you're close with. It's quite normal, just if it is becoming too much, talk to your GP and see what stuff they can recommend: apps, therapy, websites, meds - they can suggest a lot that might help!
thanks for the advice that's really useful I haven't thought of doing that before so will definitely try it out
buggly21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sunny225)
thanks for the advice that's really useful I haven't thought of doing that before so will definitely try it out
Good to hear! As you get older and get better at managing things, stuff becomes easier usually! PM me if you want to talk!
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sunny225)
thanks for the advice! I'm feeling slightly better now than I was this morning as I did some painting to distract myself which always helps
No problem love!
I'm really glad to hear your feeling better!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads