The Student Room Group

Which parent do I need to include in application?

Hi, I’m applying for student finance for 2021/2020 and I’m slightly confused about what I should put down on my application form. My parents have never been married, and they don’t live together anymore.

When it asks which parent I live with, I’ve read online I can either nominate the one I live with the most or if I spend time with them equally I can just pick between them. Can I choose to nominate my dad on my application?

If so, on the additional information section of the application, where it asks about my addresses from September of 2018 to 2021, which
do I put? Do I put my dad’s address or my mum’s address? if the address is inconsistent with whichever parent I nominate, will my application be rejected on that basis?
Original post by Adambrl
Hi, I’m applying for student finance for 2021/2020 and I’m slightly confused about what I should put down on my application form. My parents have never been married, and they don’t live together anymore.

When it asks which parent I live with, I’ve read online I can either nominate the one I live with the most or if I spend time with them equally I can just pick between them. Can I choose to nominate my dad on my application?

If so, on the additional information section of the application, where it asks about my addresses from September of 2018 to 2021, which
do I put? Do I put my dad’s address or my mum’s address? if the address is inconsistent with whichever parent I nominate, will my application be rejected on that basis?

Hi, your dad can support your application.
He will be required to prove he is separated or divorced by uploading evidence.

For your 3 year address history you should put the address you mainly resided at and called home. It doesn't matter if the address is not your dads.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending