The Student Room Group

Love nature but scared of dogs ☹️

I live in Greater Manchester and near my flat there’s a really nice canal and park and reservoirs near my sister’s house but I’m terrified of dogs! It’s alright for my sister - she jogs round the there with her earphones in and everything

Can you think of any places to go / things to do in the sun? I guess most people have a garden, shame I haven’t got a balcony.
Reply 1
Why are you scared of them? Have you had bad experiences, were your parents scared of them when growing up?
Being scared of dogs is an irrational fear, rather than avoiding the issue and letting it fester, why not try facing it. Do you have any friends with dogs that might be willing to let you meet theirs in a controlled way?
Reply 2
Awee I was acc scared of dogs when I was like 12 but I got over the fear by being around puppies. I absolutely looooove puppies they're so adorable!!! I also love rotties too but my ex had a 2 rotties (one puppy and a mother) and I found them so adorable. The mother was so protective over the puppy and it was very agressive. Thank goodness sake it was on a leash most of the times. Btw, if you really wanna avoid it then get someone to maybe lock it up or put it on a leash?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Just face your fear, I used to be sacred of dogs when a great dane hugged me at a very young age but my friends had dogs and couldn't really avoid spending time with my friends, so during my early teenage years I grew out of it and now I actually like dogs more than cats, you'll grow out of it once you realise most dogs are harmless and attacks only occur on the really rare occasion and it's usually by a dog that has been specifically bred for harm which is not healthy for the dog and in some cases illegal.

And as long as you stay away from fields where dogs are loose there isn't really an reason or way for a dog to come up to you.
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m scared of dogs too

Quick Reply

Latest