I'm so behind

Watch
blobfish90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I struggle with depression and this lockdown hasn't been the best for me. it's safe to say I've been in bed the majority of it. now that school is starting I realise I'm so behind on everything I have basically done no work AT ALL and I have a week left to catch up and get everything done. I haven't got any motivation and just feel so bad all the time I don't know what to do. I have so many assignments that are missing and I have no idea what is going on in lessons. I'm in year 12 so I'm also stressed about not getting good enough grades by the end of this year to apply to medicine (which I have been working towards since primary school literally). Any advice on how I can get back on track? I feel like the student in me has died.
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can relate to this quite a lot. I am in year 13 and i have a week to get 2 years worth of notes together +evidence. I have already started. I completed some of my assignments messaged my teachers to let them know how i was struggling and giving them my assignments. Each day i just send them something. I try and use all my frees and i have all my work set up on my desk so that i have to start as i have no excuse. Once i started doing the assignments i felt like i could understand some of the lessons a bit better. Honestly i am waiting to go back and then im going to pick up the missing bits there.
blobfish90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
I can relate to this quite a lot. I am in year 13 and i have a week to get 2 years worth of notes together +evidence. I have already started. I completed some of my assignments messaged my teachers to let them know how i was struggling and giving them my assignments. Each day i just send them something. I try and use all my frees and i have all my work set up on my desk so that i have to start as i have no excuse. Once i started doing the assignments i felt like i could understand some of the lessons a bit better. Honestly i am waiting to go back and then im going to pick up the missing bits there.
I might need to start doing that too. Im stressed about when school starts though because my teachers aren't as understanding if they realise how behind I am. I go to a grammar school where Its a lot more intense so I just feel so useless atm
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blobfish90)
I might need to start doing that too. Im stressed about when school starts though because my teachers aren't as understanding if they realise how behind I am. I go to a grammar school where Its a lot more intense so I just feel so useless atm
Hey you are not useless. Its a really tough tough time rn. Also you have to understand that your academic life is not your identity. You can get good enough grades for this year. Usually you can persuade teachers a bit with your predicted grades. You just have to try your best and thats good enough. I am always here if you want to talk. Just send me a PM
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know how you're feeling and you have lots of time to catch up. Email your teachers and tell them you're struggling and don't try to rush and do all the work at once. Prioritise and go at a pace that is good for you. I'm sure your teachers would prefer that, than low quality work that was rushed in a week. Things will get better soon :heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads