Should I take politics or geography for A level?

Watch
sunnygudi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm currently choosing my subjects for AS/A level and I've picked Psychology, Economics, English Literature and Politics. I'm currently on a grade 9 for geography GCSE and it's my favourite subject, I really love it. I'm reconsidering taking Geography instead of Politics. I would love to do both but they're in the same block and unchangable. For now, I think I'd like to pursue International Relations in university. Please help me out; I'm not sure if I should stick with Politics or change it to Geography. I'm interested in both, but I need help with the pros and cons of each subject to help me make the right decision.
Last edited by sunnygudi; 3 months ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sunnygudi)
I'm currently choosing my subjects for AS/A level and I've picked Psychology, Economics, English Literature and Politics. I'm currently on a grade 9 for geography GCSE and it's my favourite subject, I really love it. I'm reconsidering taking Geography instead of Politics. I would love to do both but they're in the same block and unchangable. For now, I think I'd like to pursue International Relations in university. Please help me out; I'm not sure if I should stick with Politics or change it to Geography.
Hey

Most Universities don't have specific entry requirements for International Relations, therefore may accept geography as a choice.
Speaking from personal experience it is so important to pick subjects that you love, otherwise you will not enjoy your A-Levels.

Choosing geography should not impact your chances of going to study International Relations

Hope this helps!
Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
27.81%
No (135)
72.19%

Watched Threads