The Student Room Group

how to stop yourself checking the insta posts a bout likes?

Lol he can literally like whatever he wants because we aren't even dating. I just get so bored and jealous and for some reason like to find things which are only going to make me jealous

Theres this one girl he follows which I am actually jealous of and she posted a pic last night and I want to check if he liked it. I haven't yet tho because its just going to piss me off

How do you girls refrain yourself from finding out these things?
Reply 1
Try telling yourself that even if he has liked a picture of hers it doesn't mean they are going to get married and have children or anything like that. (I think us girls sometimes blow things out of proportion... sometimes... just a bit!) I know so many people who just like every post they see, and even if he has liked her post he is most likely just doing this as a friend!

This really helps me when I am in this situation!
And even if you do not think this is the case, still repeat it to yourself. Eventually you will start to believe it.
I hope that everything works out for you Xx
Reply 2
Original post by Cathy8
Try telling yourself that even if he has liked a picture of hers it doesn't mean they are going to get married and have children or anything like that. (I think us girls sometimes blow things out of proportion... sometimes... just a bit!) I know so many people who just like every post they see, and even if he has liked her post he is most likely just doing this as a friend!

This really helps me when I am in this situation!
And even if you do not think this is the case, still repeat it to yourself. Eventually you will start to believe it.
I hope that everything works out for you Xx

aww thank you so much for this advice! I'm really going to try and tell myself this to make myself believe it. its all too easy to think ' he fancies her instead of me because she's pretty'
delete instagram
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
aww thank you so much for this advice! I'm really going to try and tell myself this to make myself believe it. its all too easy to think ' he fancies her instead of me because she's pretty'

Yass girl! We all do it sometimes, but try to stay confident with you and don't compare yourself to other people!
Reply 5
Original post by Vapordave
delete instagram

Aha. Yes if it comes to it, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!
Reply 6
Original post by Cathy8
Aha. Yes if it comes to it, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!

I guess so but this is easier said than done! I always delete it and end up re-downloading it after a long 2 hours hahah
I guess so but this is easier said than done! I always delete it and end up re-downloading it after a long 2 hours hahah

Waste time here instead :u:
Reply 8

Yes, I do the same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending