The Student Room Group

Aggression, Schizophrenia or Cognition? AQA Psychology

Hi, I'm in the process of picking either Aggression, Schizophrenia or Cognition and Development for my Psychology Alevel, but I'm not too sure which to pick.
I learned schizophrenia in September and Cognition around November, and I'm currently learning Aggression.

Which one should I pick for my mock? PS: I'm probably not going to pick cognition because I didn't like it, so it's out of schizophrenia and aggression now.

Can any current/former students share their experiences learning these topics? Thanks.
Original post by chibibotto
Hi, I'm in the process of picking either Aggression, Schizophrenia or Cognition and Development for my Psychology Alevel, but I'm not too sure which to pick.
I learned schizophrenia in September and Cognition around November, and I'm currently learning Aggression.

Which one should I pick for my mock? PS: I'm probably not going to pick cognition because I didn't like it, so it's out of schizophrenia and aggression now.

Can any current/former students share their experiences learning these topics? Thanks.

Are you a private candidate?
My school have chosen to do schizophrenia and I highly recommend I find it so interesting :smile:
at my school they choose for us so we're doing schizophrenia, which is one of my favourite topics bc it's really interesting to me and links quite well to psychopathology. i don't know much about the aggression topic but maybe that would link to forensic psychology if you're doing that topic too?
Reply 4
Original post by thalia179
My school have chosen to do schizophrenia and I highly recommend I find it so interesting :smile:

Original post by maccles02
at my school they choose for us so we're doing schizophrenia, which is one of my favourite topics bc it's really interesting to me and links quite well to psychopathology. i don't know much about the aggression topic but maybe that would link to forensic psychology if you're doing that topic too?

Hello, thank you both for your responses! Schizophrenia is so interesting I agree but I'm worried it's a lot of content and studies involved. What are the other options you are both doing and how have you found them?
Original post by chibibotto
Hello, thank you both for your responses! Schizophrenia is so interesting I agree but I'm worried it's a lot of content and studies involved. What are the other options you are both doing and how have you found them?

I'm also doing forensic psychology and gender and it's a really good combo!! There aren't that many studies in schizophrenia I actually find it pretty easy going so I wouldn't worry it has a nice mix of biology and then more psychology stuff :smile: I'd say that forensic psychology is the hardest content/study wise as it is SO long ahhhh

Quick Reply