The Student Room Group

Has anyone applied to/got into Kubrick group and what is the general sentiment?

To anyone who has got into Kubrick group/ is applying, I wanted to enquire as to what you felt/ how you feel about the structure of the company, its learning curve, and generally career opportunities both at and beyond the company. A little background, I am an economics grad (both bsc and MSc). Due to covid (whether delusional or passion based), I have decided that I am interested from in a career in data analytics. From job searching, I have found that STEM and work experience are key to the success.

Thus, I was searching for jobs, in particular that are orientated to people with little to no experience in data analytics (either in an internship or training schemes). I then stumbled upon Kubrick Group, a consultancy firm that trains from scratch individuals to become Data Engineers/Product Managers etc. It seemed too good to be true.

Having checked out Glassdoor, I was more confused than ever. Some people say it is good learning experience. Others say they trap you in a **** contact and exploit there employees. Given this, I wanted to ask how did people find it, or those applying what have you heard that has appeased you.

In my opinion, it seems like a fantastic opportunity for people who want to transition into a career in Data. Im just wary of why others have not (and I know the interview process is extremely difficult, but still, it seems too good to be true). Any help would be a much appreciated, even if it is from people who are not at Kubrick. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have also applied and I am mainly commenting to follow this thread incase anyone has wise words. From what I've read, its an amazing learning experience, as long as you are determined. The main downside is stressful relocation, but if this doesn't bother you it sounds great. A couple people were laid off last year due to covid and didnt get a placement after their training which is a real shame. Another main 'downside' is sometimes you might be on the 'bench', but if you are, it sounds like you get paid to learn and this sounds great to me. This industry is complicated and you can always improve, I'm not really going to complain if I am getting paid to improve on myself and my knowledge. Good luck on your application. I have done the video interview and waiting to hear. From the sounds of it the application process is a tough one
Reply 2
Original post by besocansec
Hi, I have also applied and I am mainly commenting to follow this thread incase anyone has wise words. From what I've read, its an amazing learning experience, as long as you are determined. The main downside is stressful relocation, but if this doesn't bother you it sounds great. A couple people were laid off last year due to covid and didnt get a placement after their training which is a real shame. Another main 'downside' is sometimes you might be on the 'bench', but if you are, it sounds like you get paid to learn and this sounds great to me. This industry is complicated and you can always improve, I'm not really going to complain if I am getting paid to improve on myself and my knowledge. Good luck on your application. I have done the video interview and waiting to hear. From the sounds of it the application process is a tough one

Thanks, yes the only thing for me is my interview skills are not the best. Otherwise, I feel it is an amazing opportunity to learn in an fast paced environment. Apologies I am logged on my brothers account but I it is the original poster who is responding 🤣🤣🤣
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sw1997
Thanks, yes the only thing for me is my interview skills are not the best. Otherwise, I feel it is an amazing opportunity to learn in an fast paced environment.

Have you applied yet? Interview skills is definitely something you get better at with practice. I wouldn't say I am amazing but I have been through quite a few now with grad applications and I definitely like to think I am improving
Reply 4
Have you applied yet? Interview skills is definitely something you get better at with practice. I wouldn't say I am amazing but I have been through quite a few now with grad applications and I definitely like to think I am improving

I was planning apply this week. I've done quite a few interview but being relatively introverted, it's definitely the part of the application that lets me down the most. As you said it's practice combined with management of nerves and luck. But every person has to deal with this so it is what it is
Original post by Sw1997
I was planning apply this week. I've done quite a few interview but being relatively introverted, it's definitely the part of the application that lets me down the most. As you said it's practice combined with management of nerves and luck. But every person has to deal with this so it is what it is

Ye so something to note is the first stage after applying is a video interview. They tend to ask very similar questions each time so have a look on Glass Door and things. But this video interview is a bit different to other companies. As in you have an unlimited time to think about each question and an unlimited amount of retakes, so just keep recording till you're happy. The website that the video interview is on was pretty terrible tho... My internet really struggled and it made my video quite bad quality, even tho I have a great webcam. So that was annoying but I just had to submit in the end. Obviously stages after this will have live interviews but this is a good start
Reply 6
Bump
Reply 7
has anyone done the maths test for the mle stream? Finding one question rather difficult
(edited 3 years ago)
They invited me to interview but I rejected them as they didn't answer my question about what the penalty would be for quitting. I think it's like £10k or something, so whoever applies and gets an offer, read the contract thoroughly before agreeing.
Original post by boulderingislife
They invited me to interview but I rejected them as they didn't answer my question about what the penalty would be for quitting. I think it's like £10k or something, so whoever applies and gets an offer, read the contract thoroughly before agreeing.

When I was researching it said it was either 10k or 20k fine if you quit within the first 2 years, to pay for the training
That’s outrageous. How do they justify that for 2 months training? You could fully pay for two masters with that kind of money. And here’s me thinking masters degrees are rip offs lol. Glad I rejected kubrick in that case. Says a lot about a company if they have release clauses like that.

I mean come on. £20k for two months training?!? Total *******s.

It's 15-16 weeks training but yes it is a lot. I may have got it wrong, it could be 10k. Still a lot tho
It's 15-16 weeks training but yes it is a lot. I may have got it wrong, it could be 10k. Still a lot tho

Do you know what the penalty is for capgemini on their schemes? Is it normal for penalties to be so high on all grad schemes?
Do you know what the penalty is for capgemini on their schemes? Is it normal for penalties to be so high on all grad schemes?

No I'm not sure sorry... I've only done a bit of research into Capgemini. Do they do a similar thing where it's a big training program at the start? Normal grad schemes don't tend to have penalties if you leave, just some do if you leave because of their intense training they offer... It is a bit odd tho
Reply 13
So did u manage to get the job? How was the online tests?
Reply 14
Hi, I thought to apply as I seen on indeed they are hiring.How are you finding the job so far? Thank you!
Original post by Isa9
Hi, I thought to apply as I seen on indeed they are hiring.How are you finding the job so far? Thank you!

It's not a job. It's a scheme/scam that preys on the under confident, poor application writers, naive etc who, for whatever reason, aren't successful at applying for jobs. At best it might boost your confidence, but unless it gives you the skills to write effective applications, it's not going to get you any further.

The website is pure BS and spin. There's no quality control or genuine evidence of work, it's all buzzwords. With AstraZenica, they most certainly did not "futureproof their capabilities for immense transformation" by training recent graduates on a 15 week course.

Read carefully where they use the terms 'Trainer' and 'Consultant'.
Hi, sorry to bother but could you elaborate more on this? I got pass the first three interviews and now I'm a bit scared to actually get s contract with them.
Reply 17
there's 3 interviews?? which stream did you apply for and how did you find the assessments? sorry for all the qs but i'm thinking of applying for data product
hi, can you please explain and elaborate on what you mention in regards to AstraZeneca, as it is very important as I am hoping to start this placment and am not sure if this is a good opportunity or not? Thank you.
Original post by lanitahaze
Hi, sorry to bother but could you elaborate more on this? I got pass the first three interviews and now I'm a bit scared to actually get s contract with them.

Did you pass the interview with AstraZeneca? can you please explain the process and what happened in the interview as I would like to apply next year. thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending