The Student Room Group

Would you rather be skinny or fat?

I was just wondering, who would say what, and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannanj0
I was just wondering, who would say what, and why?

neither, rather be healthy
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
neither, rather be healthy

Wasn't an option, but ok then
Original post by hannanj0
Wasn't an option, but ok then

oh no(!) I'm so sorry, I can't read.
i think loosing unhealthy weight is harder than gaining healthy weight, so id choose skinny
Original post by ScarletMillion
i think loosing unhealthy weight is harder than gaining healthy weight, so id choose skinny

by healthy weight im assuming you mean muscle looool and im pretty sure its much harder for skinny people to gain that "healthy weight"
IMO gaining weight is easier for me personally than losing so skinny.

It’s so hard for me to gain weight though ):
Original post by fellowweebhere

How are you struggling to gain weight??? I can literally eat a salad and gain 1 kg....
What if you’re already one of those options?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
What if you’re already one of those options?

Then you become more of whatever you choose....
Of those two options, skinny.
Best option for me is slim.
I don't want to be plump, fat or obese.
Skinny.

How are you struggling to gain weight??? I can literally eat a salad and gain 1 kg....

ive tried gaining weight and the only place i gained weight is around my face and chin- it just looks chubbier annoyingly

Original post by Goku's Hairbrush
by healthy weight im assuming you mean muscle looool and im pretty sure its much harder for skinny people to gain that "healthy weight"

ye i did mean muscle mass, but a females body type isnt the same as a guys so it wont make you all muscly or whatever

both being fat and skinny is unhealthy, but i find restricting urself to be harder than just eating slightly bigger portions and working out if u want
Then you become more of whatever you choose....

Well then, super skinny it is.
Reply 15

I'm pretty sure it's down to people's genetics, metabolism (and perhaps some small lifestyle factors) that different people either find it quite easy or hard to to loose/gain weight - I've seen people eat very similar diets and have different results on their bodies

so some people's choices on this question are being decided on how easy they can loose/gain weight, rather than actually being fat or skinny it seems. (even though it if it was easy to loose weight as a fat person or gain weight as a skinny person they would likely not be that way in the first place!)
ive tried gaining weight and the only place i gained weight is around my face and chin- it just looks chubbier annoyingly

ye i did mean muscle mass, but a females body type isnt the same as a guys so it wont make you all muscly or whatever

both being fat and skinny is unhealthy, but i find restricting urself to be harder than just eating slightly bigger portions and working out if u want

"but i find restricting urself to be harder than just eating slightly bigger portions and working out if u want", so youre saying its harder to lose than gain weight?

"ive tried gaining weight and the only place i gained weight is around my face and chin- it just looks chubbier annoyingly", yeah because most of that gained weight is probably fat, just eating more isnt good for you. Eating more protein and working out will help you gain mass and less skinny.

you need to track your calories, its all about CICO. youre probably eating less than you think you are...
Uhm- Neither- I'd rather be like chunky but not skinny nor fat you know- Like average or so-called normal...
Original post by Ben878
I'm pretty sure it's down to people's genetics, metabolism (and perhaps some small lifestyle factors) that different people either find it quite easy or hard to to loose/gain weight - I've seen people eat very similar diets and have different results on their bodies

so some people's choices on this question are being decided on how easy they can loose/gain weight, rather than actually being fat or skinny it seems. (even though it if it was easy to loose weight as a fat person or gain weight as a skinny person they would likely not be that way in the first place!)

oh right, that's pretty cool.

I didn't mean to offend anyone

Quick Reply