The Student Room Group

Armpit hair on girls?

Scroll to see replies

TheVeryHungryCaterpillar
I see where your going with that..... but do girls spray???- or has anyone ever put driclor on freshly shaved skin??...... don't.

I used to use spray deodorant before I started using the rock crystal stuff I use now. Mind you after I've shaved my armpits I can only use (alcohol free) spray because the rock crystal stuff stings like hell. :mad:
Reply 61
I obviously shave them if I'm going to wear a strappy top and other than that, about once every 2 weeks so it doesn't get bad. My boyfriend genuinely couldn't care less though. I find girls that are obsessed by small details like this to be pretty self obsessed and insecure, thinking it makes up for them being pretty plain (a girl I know admitted this was the case). @ girls saying EWWW I WUDNT FEEL RITE WITH MYSELFF
Yeah thats what I meant, I have reeeeeeally sensitive skin and shaving my pits would be dermatological suicide- even that alcohol free Sanex really stings......... and that sounds really soft.
Reply 63
i think its sexy
Well I don't like it on a girl at all.

But in fairness I shave myself so I'm allowed to say that. I just think hair under your arms is disgusting.
Reply 65
I'm beginning to think animals really are more intelligent than humans. Stuff I've seen written on this thread is like elephants saying they don't like trunks.
Why would a man shave his pits?, or any part of him other than his jacobs, or possible his chest?

I am still struggling to understand where this is coming from, 'Cosmopolitan'?...... "Your boyfriend is cheating on you with your mother if he does not shave his arse?".
Yuffie
I'm beginning to think animals really are more intelligent than humans. Stuff I've seen written on this thread is like elephants saying they don't like trunks.

:ditto:
To be fair, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if she's got a five o clock shadow going. **** happens, you know.
Yuffie

Not really, it's just basic attraction isn't it. You could apply the same argument towards why you don't fancy quasimodo. It's just a personal preference about bodily characteristics.

And as for shaving as a man, I just think it looks better. I can't STAND to see these blokes with stray hairs poking out. I just think it looks really unclean and horrible.
I also might add that I take a razor at random to my pits. Not to bald them, but more to thin. I don't want a bush there. Or anywhere but my head.

But like I said, I'm not going to expect girls to be 100% hair free all the time.
Yeah thinning is a must, otherwise it looks like you have a creature living under your arm- but I couldn't go bald.
Girls don't have to be perfect, nobody is, but when she has more hair under her arms than you do on your head....... its going a bit far.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
TheVeryHungryCaterpillar
Yeah thinning is a must, otherwise it looks like you have a creature living under your arm- but I couldn't go bald.
Girls don't have to be perfect, nobody is, but when she has more hair under her arms than you do on your head....... its going a bit far.

yeah, I hear you. It's obvious it's meant to be there, but it looks like...maybe leg hair thickness. I don't know. Something like that.
I wonder, it's entirely natural for hair to grow there; so where are we getting the idea that it's undesirable from? It must be coming from an external source. It's all very strange when you think about it.
screenager2004
I wonder, it's entirely natural for hair to grow there; so where are we getting the idea that it's undesirable from? It must be coming from an external source. It's all very strange when you think about it.

True.

The same with anything though. You could talk about hair anywhere. It's entirely natural.

A girl I know took her socks off the other day and she looked like a hobbit. I nearly threw up for gods sake.
Thats a classic, a girl with Samwise Gamgee feet- I hope I don't wake up next to one of those. I think It must be down to the fact that society and todays generation is so incredibly image conscious?.
I mean my pits are not like a shag pile carpet, they are more of a 'wispy tuft'- soft hair, not like some bad a*s wirey arse hair.
Reply 77
SpamBa

But have we ever stopped to consider why we hate body hair on girls, and yeat accept it on guys? It seems kind of odd when you think about it.

:ditto:
Reply 78
I think it's gross! I also find it a major turn off on guys too..I think men should shave their armpits! Ergh, hairy guys are a no no for me.
AsphyxiateD
Er, yes. I would have thought it was obvious?

Expecting some feminist rage coming my way.
it's ok, they're probably lesbians anyway

Quick Reply

Latest