What options do you think I should try. (pls reply!!)

Watch
dooby_boss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I want to be a mechanical engineer when I grow up and I'm in the middle of choosing my options. I know you need maths and physics, so already I have chosen triple science and french.

Do you think I should dump triple science for Design and Tech (as it doesn't matter if I do double or triple). And choose Sociology. Or should I choose from the following options.

Media, History, Geography or Business.

Sorry that this is so long, it's just that I have until 19th March to choose. So I can get your opinions and my opinions and mix them together.

If you reply, thank you so much for your help and God Bless you all!!

G'day now and stay safe!
mechengineer8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I assume you're talking GCSEs
DEFINITELY DO NOT DROP TRIPLE SCIENCE
Essentially at GCSE as long as your maths and science is fine, it doesn't matter what options you choose, so choose the ones which you enjoy most and are most likely to do the best in.
DT may help a bit ( i didnt do it) but it definitely not worth dropping triple science for

Once you get to a level, you realise that whilst its good to have a good set of GCSE grades, the actual content you covered in say DT or computer science is insignificant.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Stick with triple science, you go into things in a bit more depth than double science people which makes it easier when you start A level Physics
dooby_boss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you guys for the suggestions!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Revision_Boi)
I want to be a mechanical engineer when I grow up and I'm in the middle of choosing my options. I know you need maths and physics, so already I have chosen triple science and french.

Do you think I should dump triple science for Design and Tech (as it doesn't matter if I do double or triple). And choose Sociology. Or should I choose from the following options.

Media, History, Geography or Business.

Sorry that this is so long, it's just that I have until 19th March to choose. So I can get your opinions and my opinions and mix them together.

If you reply, thank you so much for your help and God Bless you all!!

G'day now and stay safe!
Hi there,

I am currently a 2nd year mechanical engineering student at Portsmouth University.

Most universities will require maths A-level and one other technical subject such as a science.
In relation to GCSE's, universities will require 3 GCSEs grade C or above, including English and Maths. However, you should be exceeding this in maths.
I studied triple science and design tech at GCSE's and loved them equally. However, I would recommend triple science to be a more helpful choice through my A-Levels.

I hope this helps
Ethan - UOP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
6.98%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.98%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
46.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.98%

Watched Threads