Effy97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi I already have a Ba Childhood, Family and Educational Studies and have just been accepted to study B(sc) Adult Nursing.Would I be eligible to apply for tuition and maintenance funding for this time round? I've heard a few different things but I'm not too sure what I'm entitled to?Thanks
Chloe21194
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As far as I know nursing is an exception course and if you’re not registered as a nurse you should be entitled to full tuition fees, means tested maintenance loan and the nhs learning support grant.

“Full financial support is available if the student already has a degree but they’re starting a pre-registration nursing, midwifery or Allied Health Professional course (excluding dental hygiene and dental therapy, postgraduate courses and designated part-time courses) in England on or after 1 August 2017.
To get funding, students must not be professionally registered within the healthcare profession they are training for. For example, a student who is professionally registered as a nurse and holds a nursing degree would not be able to get funding for a second pre-registration nursing degree”
LilMonster
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Congrats on the Bsc offer! Why didnt u apply for Msc? you would've saved a year.

I applied for both and got accepted for Msc Adult Nursing and can't wait!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads