The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
but it would be reassuring to know the possibility to switch courses

Switch courses? What stage of application are you at? Once you've been accepted into the uni, surely they won't be looking at your PS at all?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Are you asking whether if you got accepted for Chemistry at Warwick, if you changed your mind later, whether you could switch to Maths? Very unlikely-- they are always oversubscribed. There are several maths options that I cant do because it's overfilled, let alone transfer (not that I'd want to :p:)
Reply 3
By PS I assume you mean personal statement.

Warwick is a competitive university, and they are VERY unlikely to consider someone who clearly is interested in chemistry, not maths.
Although they do give out a standard offer, most people who apply would at least have mentioned maths in their PS...
Dynasty
Warwick is a competitive university, and they are VERY unlikely to consider someone who clearly is interested in chemistry, not maths.

I disagree completely. I received an offer last year with an English Literature personal statement on my UCAS - I applied to Warwick for English then changed my mind, and after sending an e-mail to admissions explaining my change and justifying my interest in maths I recieved the standard offer.

Warwick makes offers to 85% of its applicants for maths - they use the STEP/AEA offer for virtually the entire deselection process. OP, you've got outstanding grades there (I had AAAB in year 12, and no STEP at that point) - it may be worth a punt if you've got the space.

Latest

Trending

Trending