Is there any a-levels to avoid-not do???

Watch
fkiraxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
any ?? i am trying to choose my subjects for a-levels and not sure what subjects not to study or to avoid any suggestions.....?

i am thinking of studying health and social care , sociology and business but i am not sure really??
Last edited by fkiraxo; 4 months ago
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by fkiraxo)
any ?? i am trying to choose my subjects for a-levels and not sure what subjects not to study or to avoid any suggestions.....?

i am thinking of studying health and social care , sociology and business but i am not sure really??
fkiraxo
Hello! I am a teacher in an FE College so I can give you some advice.

All A levels are worth the same number of UCAS tariff points which is the mechanism by which you get to University. It is best choosing A levels that generally aim in the direction of your planned career/s. in 2005 I did a few subjects which were considered to be a bit weaker by some - film studies and media studies, however I did A Level Sociology too which is what I did my degree in and then taught. I always think it is wise to have 2 aimed at a career area, and then 1 or 2 which look great in general employment like English language or Psychology

I'm sure you will do great in your A Levels!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
fkiraxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Arden University)
fkiraxo
Hello! I am a teacher in an FE College so I can give you some advice.

All A levels are worth the same number of UCAS tariff points which is the mechanism by which you get to University. It is best choosing A levels that generally aim in the direction of your planned career/s. in 2005 I did a few subjects which were considered to be a bit weaker by some - film studies and media studies, however I did A Level Sociology too which is what I did my degree in and then taught. I always think it is wise to have 2 aimed at a career area, and then 1 or 2 which look great in general employment like English language or Psychology

I'm sure you will do great in your A Levels!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
aww thanks for this helpss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.52%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.76%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.63%

Watched Threads