WannabeA*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a questions regarding eligibility for funding. In 2020 I was on a Teacher Training Course but due to lack of support and bullying of staff in my placement school I withdrew from the course after two months of attending the course. I have recently applied and been accepted on to a Masters Sociology course at Anglia Ruskin University but I am now concerned I will not be eligible for funding. Obviously I can not provide evidence for withdrawing due to issues with the course provider I was wondering if there were any options as to what to do next.

Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WannabeA*)
I have a questions regarding eligibility for funding. In 2020 I was on a Teacher Training Course but due to lack of support and bullying of staff in my placement school I withdrew from the course after two months of attending the course. I have recently applied and been accepted on to a Masters Sociology course at Anglia Ruskin University but I am now concerned I will not be eligible for funding. Obviously I can not provide evidence for withdrawing due to issues with the course provider I was wondering if there were any options as to what to do next.

Thank you.
Hi, is this a full masters course? Are you transferring any credits? Have you ever had a postgraduate loan or studied a masters level course before.
Thanks, Isaac
WannabeA*
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, is this a full masters course? Are you transferring any credits? Have you ever had a postgraduate loan or studied a masters level course before.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi thank you for the quick reply, The course I have applied for is a full masters course. I am not transferring credits. I have not had a postgraduate loan or studies a masters level course before except receiving a loan for a Teacher training course that Included a PGCE and QTS qualification but I withdrew after a couple of months due to having no support and bullying of staff and also cancelled my student loan.

Thanks,
Adam
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi thank you for the quick reply, The course I have applied for is a full masters course. I am not transferring credits. I have not had a postgraduate loan or studies a masters level course before except receiving a loan for a Teacher training course that Included a PGCE and QTS qualification but I withdrew after a couple of months due to having no support and bullying of staff and also cancelled my student loan.

Thanks,
Adam
You should be eligible to apply for a postgraduate masters loan, your PGCE course will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
WannabeA*
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
You should be eligible to apply for a postgraduate masters loan, your PGCE course will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you so much for the quick reply. It has put my mind at rest.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for the quick reply. It has put my mind at rest.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (171)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (510)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (389)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (485)
13.91%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (169)
4.85%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (212)
6.08%
Loneliness (297)
8.52%
Financial worries (127)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (138)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (158)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (193)
5.54%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (313)
8.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (324)
9.29%

Watched Threads