nonameella
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
okay so I'm really struggling I'm choosing my GCSEs I don't know if I should take GCSE art of GCSE dt it's driving me crazy because we are only allowed two more subjects and one reserved ( the school make us take maths English Re Pe french or german and history or geography)
I'm really creative and I want a job in interior design or maybe even graphic design.
also, does art GCSE really make you hate art?
sorry for rambling but I really need some help

edit: forgot to mention I am taking business study for one of my options so i can only have one more spot
Last edited by nonameella; 6 months ago
DylAFC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Please do not take it. As a Year 11 who squandered one of their options and chose Art instead of something else, it will end up driving you to hate all types of art. Instead of your own creativity being used, you are assigned to do some study on some unknown artist with all these complex pieces.
macfoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
well gcse art is SO much work to get a high grade. it is fun from my experience though. for interior design, what are you planning to take at a level? maybe look at what gcse requierments that subject needs
g4aura3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I have the same interest as you! I am in A level but I remembered taking Art, DT, ICT creative imedia, and history as my options, my old school offered RE and foreign language as optional. If I had to choose between Art and DT, I would be in a dilemma too! Personally, I would choose DT over Art because Art is flexible and that I can teach myself to develop Art skills anytime. DT is a useful qualification to take if you want to pursue any design career and it can help you become innovative and creative at the same time.
GCSE Art did not make me hate art, but it can tire you out because of heavy coursework and short time.
Rebeccamaurier
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm in year 11, so I'm just finishing my GCSE art. And although like it was a LOT of work, and there were many a sleepless night, I really have loved it. I guess it comes down to your school, and what topics they do, so maybe it's worth asking your art teacher about that. But overall it's probably one of the only subjects where I never dreaded going to the lessons. So if you really enjoy art, and have decent time management, go for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.46%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (39)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.04%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.28%

Watched Threads