chodestro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just got a rejection email back from westminster for film production which im pretty down about. I got an offer from UCA farnham, ravensbourne and Hertfordshire(still waiting to hear back from UAL) but im not sure which of these would be best?

Is it possible to apply to westminster through clearing when the time comes? Or are the other universities worth sacrificing to take a year off and reapply to westminster next year?
I don’t know much about the others so if anyone thinks one is possibly BETTER please let me know.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chodestro)
I just got a rejection email back from westminster for film production which im pretty down about. I got an offer from UCA farnham, ravensbourne and Hertfordshire(still waiting to hear back from UAL) but im not sure which of these would be best?

Is it possible to apply to westminster through clearing when the time comes? Or are the other universities worth sacrificing to take a year off and reapply to westminster next year?
I don’t know much about the others so if anyone thinks one is possibly BETTER please let me know.
It's possible they'll be in Clearing but it's unlikely.
You've got 2 other CILECT schools in your offers (UCA Farnham and Herts) - is there a reason you're not keen on them?

You don't have to sacrifice a year - you can choose to take a lens/media based Foundation Diploma to boost your portfolio and reapply.
chodestro
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It's possible they'll be in Clearing but it's unlikely.
You've got 2 other CILECT schools in your offers (UCA Farnham and Herts) - is there a reason you're not keen on them?

You don't have to sacrifice a year - you can choose to take a lens/media based Foundation Diploma to boost your portfolio and reapply.
I’ve been looking at UCA and they were my insurance but they have some pretty bad reviews. I know its not all down to that but i suppose i also wanted somewhere that had some better industry links. Hertfordshire has the warner bros link but I don’t really know much about the university and the area doesn’t seem nice ( farnham is also small but the area seems a lot nicer ). I could be wrong but I just feel as though the opportunities are a lot more limited here. UAL have a poor student satisfaction rate and the alumni isnt quite like the others but maybe the opportunities would be better as its central london.

I currently do a media course but my portfolio probably wasn’t strong enough because of the lack of practical work we’ve been able to do. I already took a year off from college because i had surgery so im a year behind already, but my college do offer a one year MEDIA course that is worth / 2 years of university. I thought about doing it but im still undecided because of both my age and the risk of still not even getting into westminster next year.

Im just not really sure where to go as I stupidly set my heart on a university with a low acceptance rate so its my own fault really
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been looking at UCA and they were my insurance but they have some pretty bad reviews. I know its not all down to that but i suppose i also wanted somewhere that had some better industry links. Hertfordshire has the warner bros link but I don’t really know much about the university and the area doesn’t seem nice ( farnham is also small but the area seems a lot nicer ). I could be wrong but I just feel as though the opportunities are a lot more limited here. UAL have a poor student satisfaction rate and the alumni isnt quite like the others but maybe the opportunities would be better as its central london.

I currently do a media course but my portfolio probably wasn’t strong enough because of the lack of practical work we’ve been able to do. I already took a year off from college because i had surgery so im a year behind already, but my college do offer a one year MEDIA course that is worth / 2 years of university. I thought about doing it but im still undecided because of both my age and the risk of still not even getting into westminster next year.

Im just not really sure where to go as I stupidly set my heart on a university with a low acceptance rate so its my own fault really
If you're not happy with your other choices then take some time to boost up your portfolio next year - but also keep an eye out in case they do have spaces in Clearing
chodestro
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you're not happy with your other choices then take some time to boost up your portfolio next year - but also keep an eye out in case they do have spaces in Clearing
I just spent some time looking into the courses & UCA is CILECT and BAFTA accredited whereas Hertfordshire is CILECT and screenskills accredited. Would you say that makes a big difference?

The 1 year course is also a UAL creative enterprise diploma so im guessing that would high ten my chances of getting in if i were to reapply.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just spent some time looking into the courses & UCA is CILECT and BAFTA accredited whereas Hertfordshire is CILECT and screenskills accredited. Would you say that makes a big difference?

The 1 year course is also a UAL creative enterprise diploma so im guessing that would high ten my chances of getting in if i were to reapply.
No it doesn’t make a difference. CILECT is international accreditation - it trumps any uk schemes (and screenskills unfortunately just seem to give accreditation to anyone who pays these days).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (167)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (500)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (380)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (478)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (165)
4.84%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (209)
6.13%
Loneliness (290)
8.5%
Financial worries (122)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (187)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (304)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (317)
9.29%

Watched Threads