Any luck with dating apps?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone had any luck with dating apps, if so tell us your experience below.
r0z3bud
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In a word: No.

Everyone seems to have some suspiciously good photos of themselves. When you meet them in real life they are always shorter, fatter or have a weird shaped head. Ahahaha

Or Worse: A secrete wife.

That said, I met my bf online, but not through a dating app - I was looking for a band!
twinlensreflex
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup! Met someone on one in 2016 and we got married last year
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Met a decent number of women through POF and OKcupid. Slept with a decent ratio. An hour was my record. Had a few short relationships, one I developed strong feelings for.

I mostly just let women message me, to filter out the uninterested. At first there was lots of long, back and forth chats, but these don't always end in dates, so I couldn't be arsed after a while. Some women were uncomfortable with meeting after only a few back and forths, which I understood, but cut things short anyway.

Quite a few of the women had serious personality issues, particularly the good looking ones. Hence why they're on there. The women were often a lot fatter in person. There were a few no shows.

There was no one I could see myself in long term relationship with, though this was mostly my fault for just meeting women on the basis of looks, and being unwilling to travel.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nope i've never used one, im sure some are good and some are bad , but just because you dont succeed in a dating app doesnt mean you wont find a relationship, just try to be more social and go out to more places and events(but obviously not now due to covid)
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I am horny but not horny enough to use a dating app. One night stands/hookups are not my thing

Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I joined one earlier this week. So far I've had about 12 matches, 8 of them from the UK. A few not responded, a few one word replies back, a few some really good conversations so far. One of them was going really well and wanted to switch to phone calls, fine with me, so we kept in touch and she was really interested, but then I told her something she needs to know is I got anxiety and take medication for it and she disappeared after that.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by twinlensreflex)
Yup! Met someone on one in 2016 and we got married last year
That's awesome - congrats. How're you both coping regarding lockdown?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am horny but not horny enough to use a dating app. One night stands/hookups are not my thing
The one I'm using is for people who want to get into a serious long-term relationship and married. No BS.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
The one I'm using is for people who want to get into a serious long-term relationship and married. No BS.
Thanks. So long term boyfriend or girlfriend or marriage? What is the app called?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks. So long term boyfriend or girlfriend or marriage? What is the app called?
There's eHarmony and there's also this app called Muzmatch - you don't have to be a Muslim though, just fill in your preferences and criteria etc. your picture is manually verified by them so it's really you. Update your profile and start swiping, if someone swipes you as well then it's a match. Most people on this app are looking for long-term and ultimately get married / settle down. Actually most Muslim dating apps are like that. They are all about serious relationships, no messing around.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
There's eHarmony and there's also this app called Muzmatch - you don't have to be a Muslim though, just fill in your preferences and criteria etc. your picture is manually verified by them so it's really you. Update your profile and start swiping, if someone swipes you as well then it's a match. Most people on this app are looking for long-term and ultimately get married / settle down. Actually most Muslim dating apps are like that. They are all about serious relationships, no messing around.
Thank you.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've met 3 women from dating apps.

one i didn't like her in person. she had the worst personality in a female that i had ever talked to. she was acting borderline hostile to me at the start. so many things wrong with that date.

5 minutes after i left the date she was texting me.
I ignored it. 5 minutes later she text again, and i ignored that. after that she got the msg. weird girl...

girl 2 we actually got on really well, and were chatting by text after the date 2... but when i suggested meeting up she suddenly went silent. 5 days later i deleted her of facebook. it took a full 2 months for her to start using her dating profile again (i was keeping an eye on it). another weird girl.....

girl 3 we met up twice, but long story short i felt she was playing games so ended it. she was also another weird girl, after the first time i ended it .... i read from one person that she had got stabbed on her facebook page and was apparently in hospital on life support, so i got back in contact. but there was no news paper articles or nothing about it anywhere on the internet. i honestly think she made it up to get me to get back in contact. an incident like that should have generated at least a bit of press, even if it's only locally.

online dating has far too many weird women in my opinion.......
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Justaboutalive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I've met 3 women from dating apps.

one i didn't like her in person. she had the worst personality in a female that i had ever talked to. she was acting borderline hostile to me at the start. so many things wrong with date.

5 minutes after i left the date she was texting me.
I ignored it. 5 minutes later she text again, and i ignored that. after that she got the msg. weird girl...

girl 2 we actually got on really well, and were chatting by text after the date 2... but when i suggested meeting up she suddenly went silent. 5 days later i deleted her of facebook. it took a full 2 months for her to start using her dating profile again (i was keeping an eye on it). another weird girl.....

girl 3 we met up twice, but long story short i felt she was playing games so ended it. she was also another weird girl, after the first time i ended it .... i read from one person that she had got stabbed on her facebook page and was apparently in hospital on life support, so i got back in contact. but there was no news paper articles or nothing about it anywhere on the internet. i honestly think she made it up to get me to get back in contact. an incident like that should have generated at least a bit of press, even if it's only locally.

online dating has far too many weird women in my opinion.......
Oh wow, those experiences are no joke..
twinlensreflex
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's awesome - congrats. How're you both coping regarding lockdown?
Not quite how I imagined our wedding/start of marriage! Mostly it’s actually been great, he’s been working from home so I get to see him a lot more. Probably more than I ever have in 5 years tbh 😂
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My first internet date I organised to go meet up for a couple drinks & light bite at a pub. About 2 hours before the date she asked if we could sack off the pub, and just get a few drinks and head straight to hers. That was when i learned how tinder worked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads