Binay_G
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m struggling in my sixth form (I’m forced to do an EPQ and I hate RE) and I’ve told my parents I want to move to college, I’ve applied to a few already but I have a meeting with my head of year next Wednesday and I don’t know what to say to persuade her, and what if she doesn’t let me?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which qualifications are you studying for at Sixth Form and which ones would you be studying at college?

Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do as a career?
Binay_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which qualifications are you studying for at Sixth Form and which ones would you be studying at college?

Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do as a career?
Im in year 12 and doing re, health and social, criminology. I've done h+s before at gcse level and i wanna do it a btec course in it in college, then i'd like to do adult nursing just like my mom
PRECIOUSMORO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your head of year can’t force you to stay. If your parents agree then you can leave and go to college
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Binay_G)
Im in year 12 and doing re, health and social, criminology. I've done h+s before at gcse level and i wanna do it a btec course in it in college, then i'd like to do adult nursing just like my mom
What do your parents think about what you plan to do?
Binay_G
Rep:
?
What do your parents think about what you plan to do?
they like me being a nurse and everything, but they're upset that i've just wasted a year at sixth form but i absolutely hate it and i want to leave now
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they like me being a nurse and everything, but they're upset that i've just wasted a year at sixth form but i absolutely hate it and i want to leave now
Do you know what the entry requirements are for the nursing degree which you will need to do?
Binay_G
Rep:
?
Do you know what the entry requirements are for the nursing degree which you will need to do?
yea i have a friend that goes to the uni i want to go to and she said i need a DMM
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yea i have a friend that goes to the uni i want to go to and she said i need a DMM
Which one would you like to go to?
Binay_G
Rep:
?
Which one would you like to go to?
wolverhampton university,
anyways what should i say to my head of year next wednesday
Binay_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by PRECIOUSMORO)
Your head of year can’t force you to stay. If your parents agree then you can leave and go to college
oh okay good, but i dont know what to do until september what should i say
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly what you've said here. Just explain to him what your reasoning is for wanting to leave and see if they can make any adjustments if not then you're going elsewhere.
PRECIOUSMORO
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Say that being at SF isn’t beneficial to your future and progression at all and that you’ve researched your path to where you want to be and college will help you do that. But I’m telling you, if you’re over 16 you don’t need any permission to enrol in another school. My sister switched school in y12 on her own.
PRECIOUSMORO
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh okay good, but i dont know what to do until september what should i say
You can say you’ll work? Or study? Say that school is over soon and with the current situation you’re not really missing any quality teaching. When ppl dropped out of my school they just stayed enrolled and came and went as they pleased or communicated with their new school to see what they can do to ease the transition
Binay_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by PRECIOUSMORO)
You can say you’ll work? Or study? Say that school is over soon and with the current situation you’re not really missing any quality teaching. When ppl dropped out of my school they just stayed enrolled and came and went as they pleased or communicated with their new school to see what they can do to ease the transition
Is there a way in which I can negotiate and ask if I can continue doing my 2 subjects and stop doing RE and epq? Because my parents don’t think it would be good for my to do nothing till September
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would this be a possibility for you?

https://www.wlv.ac.uk/courses/bnurs-...undation-year/
PRECIOUSMORO
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there a way in which I can negotiate and ask if I can continue doing my 2 subjects and stop doing RE and epq? Because my parents don’t think it would be good for my to do nothing till September
You can say you’re willing to stay in school and carry on doing A Levels till September and at least that way you have a backup if from summer to sept you change your mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (60)
4.6%
Uncertainty around my education (200)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
10.96%
Lack of purpose or motivation (185)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (59)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (73)
5.59%
Loneliness (116)
8.89%
Financial worries (45)
3.45%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (60)
4.6%
Exposure to negative news/social media (61)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (69)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (114)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (120)
9.2%

Watched Threads