The Student Room Group

Gcse tier entry deadline

Hi I am considering changing my tier of entry when is the final deadline to change what tier I am in for aqa maths and science.
Your school usually decides on your tier for you - you would have to ask them. The normal deadline for entries has already passed, but I believe that late entries / changes are accepted (with a late fee) until mid-April.
Reply 2
Oh so I can’t decide what tier I can study in
Reply 3
Original post by randomusername23
Your school usually decides on your tier for you - you would have to ask them. The normal deadline for entries has already passed, but I believe that late entries / changes are accepted (with a late fee) until mid-April.

Also how much will the late fee cost?
Sorry, I'm now confused - if you're in year 11 (and hence not sitting exams), why would you want to change tier? I assume you're doing normal GCSEs?
Reply 5
Sorry, I'm now confused - if you're in year 11 (and hence not sitting exams), why would you want to change tier? I assume you're doing normal

Sorry about the confusion, I would like to change my tier because I don’t want to be capped at a grade 5 since the courses at sixth form require me atleast to have a grade 6 in both subjects.
Original post by Mufcislife
Sorry about the confusion, I would like to change my tier because I don’t want to be capped at a grade 5 since the courses at sixth form require me atleast to have a grade 6 in both subjects.

You will have to ask your school - they may refuse to do so, especially as they have to decide your grade themselves. I double checked in terms of fees - as long as the school has already entered you, amendment fees don't apply until after April 21st (in which point they are ~ £40 per subject).
Reply 7
You will have to ask your school - they may refuse to do so, especially as they have to decide your grade themselves. I double checked in terms of fees - as long as the school has already entered you, amendment fees don't apply until after April 21st (in which point they are ~ £40 per subject).

Phew so I will not be charged until April 21st
Original post by Mufcislife
Phew so I will not be charged until April 21st

If the school lets you change tier. I can't promise that the school won't make you pay an admin charge themselves, but AQA (and probably other exam boards) won't charge you.
Reply 9
If the school lets you change tier. I can't promise that the school won't make you pay an admin charge themselves, but AQA (and probably other exam boards) won't charge you.

thank you this was very helpful I will email my school tomorrow and ask them if they can change my tier.

Quick Reply

Latest