Kolni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just interested in what peoples' favourite book(s) are!
bimbibap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At first I wasn't sure how to chose but I thought to myself, what is one book that you could read over and over again and never get bored of. World War Z by Max Brooks. close second is I am Legend by Richard Matheson
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my dark vanessa by kate Elizabeth russell
Kolni
Rep:
?
(Original post by bimbibap)
At first I wasn't sure how to chose but I thought to myself, what is one book that you could read over and over again and never get bored of. World War Z by Max Brooks. close second is I am Legend by Richard Matheson
good way to decide
I hadn't heard of either book so i searched them and u clearly have a specific taste lol
Kolni
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
my dark vanessa by kate Elizabeth russell
another one i hadn't heard of. definitely not my type of book but i guess i like how it addresses a modern issue
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kolni)
good way to decide
I hadn't heard of either book so i searched them and u clearly have a specific taste lol
do I? never noticed hehe. i do read different genres but Sc-Fi and post apocalyptic books take the cake. What's yours?
G r a p e s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bruhhh how can i choose?! theres so many good books out there.

ok but the percy jackson and heroes of olympus series are great. anything by rick riordan is a great read (even if its targeted towards young kids lol). i genuinely can’t wait for the disney series. hopefully its better than the movies.
Kolni
Rep:
?
(Original post by bimbibap)
do I? never noticed hehe. i do read different genres but Sc-Fi and post apocalyptic books take the cake. What's yours?
ummm purposely didn't include this before bc its such a hard decision. i'm currently reading crime and punishment and although i find it amazing i think im too young to fully understand it so can't appreciate how good it really is. maybe ill read it again in a few years time. but for now it has to be either moneyball by michael lewis or cant hurt me by david goggins.
Kolni
Rep:
?
(Original post by G r a p e s)
bruhhh how can i choose?! theres so many good books out there.

ok but the percy jackson and heroes of olympus series are great. anything by rick riordan is a great read (even if its targeted towards young kids lol). i genuinely can’t wait for the disney series. hopefully its better than the movies.
i sense a heavy skew towards fiction here. my friend highly recommends the olympus series too.
i recently read the hunger games series and i enjoyed them even though they are targeted for younger kids too so i can relate lol
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kolni)
ummm purposely didn't include this before bc its such a hard decision. i'm currently reading crime and punishment and although i find it amazing i think im too young to fully understand it so can't appreciate how good it really is. maybe ill read it again in a few years time. but for now it has to be either moneyball by michael lewis or cant hurt me by david goggins.
crime and punishment has been collected dust on my shelf for the past year, maybe this is a sign. You also seem to have a specific taste when it comes to books, they seem to toe the line between fiction and non-fiction quite finely, far too motivating a "genre" for me. Good taste nonetheless...
Kolni
Rep:
?
yes definitely read it and tell me what u think.
ur spot on about me liking books between fiction and non-fiction... i never knew how to describe this before but i like the way u put it 'toe the line between...'
and finally what do u mean by motivating. i obvs know what the word means but in this context what do u mean exactly by too motivating for u?
GreenSplodge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
noughts and crosses by malorie blackman
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been trying to get through lots of more classic novels over the past few years, I'd probably say 1984 is my favourite out of them so far. I like the concepts of plenty of others (e.g. Brave New World, Day of the triffids, Clockwork orange) but I never really like their endings and I can stomach the ending of 1984. I'm still working my way through Don Quixote which is also a great read (if you can cope with the massive volume of it)
blobfish123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
normal people
\^_^/
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the frostblood series by elly blake amazing
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't say I have a favourite book. The Bell Jar was probably the most relatable book I have ever read though.
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Catcher in the Rye
Kolni
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
I've been trying to get through lots of more classic novels over the past few years, I'd probably say 1984 is my favourite out of them so far. I like the concepts of plenty of others (e.g. Brave New World, Day of the triffids, Clockwork orange) but I never really like their endings and I can stomach the ending of 1984. I'm still working my way through Don Quixote which is also a great read (if you can cope with the massive volume of it)
heard lots of good things about 1984. glad to see someone else enjoying classics
Kolni
Rep:
?
i sense a heavy preference towards modern fiction here which is interesting and expected i guess...
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kolni)
i sense a heavy preference towards modern fiction here which is interesting and expected i guess...
Define modern fiction
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (159)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (476)
14.6%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (365)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (458)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (152)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (197)
6.04%
Loneliness (280)
8.59%
Financial worries (114)
3.5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (132)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (149)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (179)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (293)
8.99%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (306)
9.39%

Watched Threads