What physical features do girls look for in a guy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I feel like I have a pretty good personality but i’m lacking in some aspects of physical features. I’m 23 and I just can’t get into the talking stage with a girl to save my life, I am really struggling with it and I feel like if I know what a girls looking for physically, I can work on it and maybe stand a better chance.

Just a quick brief on my personality, I not perfect in conversations but i’d save i’m average, caring and support extra I’d say i’m up there but girls don’t really care about that, well the ones iv spoken to. I feel like i’m pretty good personality wise just average in conversations, but average isn’t always bad.

So if you could list some physical features you look for i’ll take note and see if I can work towards them.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A bulging wallet.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Expose yourself to lots of different girls. Maybe the ones you went after just were not not the right fits at the time. Just keep on trying! You could always try and build a rapport with someone first before building from that.

Equally, randomly chatting up girls could be quite good! Make sure to get their number to use WhatsApp or something because only chatting on Snap or IG can sometimes feel less real for them!

You could try and be mega bold and literally ask our every girl that makes you interested and then choose what to do with them in that respect and keep others as friends! It never hurts to build a larger circle of contacts anyway haha. Girls like everyone else like confidence as well.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Here are some physical things i look at. Remember not all girls are the same and what one girl looks for another girl might not care for.

- I like a guy that knows how to dress. You don't have to be in a fancy suit all the time, but you can look stylish even in a casual tshirt, jean jacket etc. I hate when guys wear the same black tracksuit 24/7 (I could honestly never date a roadman😂)
- A mans hygiene is just as important a womans hygiene.
- Take care of your skin. Please do not be afraid to start a skin care routine so your skin can look it's best.
- Maybe try a new hair style. The way someones hair is styled can make a big difference (and i mean BIG) to someones face. Try finding a hair style that really suits you.
- Take care of you nails and eyebrows
- use Vaseline, you can't have crusty lips
I think that is pretty much it for me when it comes to the physical aspect of attraction. Everything else is more about the guys personality. I hope this helps x
adoc5364
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I feel like I have a pretty good personality but i’m lacking in some aspects of physical features. I’m 23 and I just can’t get into the talking stage with a girl to save my life, I am really struggling with it and I feel like if I know what a girls looking for physically, I can work on it and maybe stand a better chance.

Just a quick brief on my personality, I not perfect in conversations but i’d save i’m average, caring and support extra I’d say i’m up there but girls don’t really care about that, well the ones iv spoken to. I feel like i’m pretty good personality wise just average in conversations, but average isn’t always bad.

So if you could list some physical features you look for i’ll take note and see if I can work towards them.
You shouldn’t really try and change for anyone or to be good enough for anyone.You Should only try and better yourself for your own well-being. The right person will love you for the real you
pilgrimharry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its obvs different for everyone but for me personally I'd say a nice jawline and nice hands (ik that is kinda weird) AND WEARING RINGS IS SO FIT TRUST ME or any other kind of jewelry tbh. Also hygiene is VERY important. but also can i just say personality is 100x more important. For example, in peaky blinders, I didn't find Cillian murphy that attractive before I watched it but after I watched it i found him sooo attractive (more his character). My whole physical attraction to him changed because I was attracted to his personality which made him look more physically attractive. Another example is I was talking to a guy who was kinda fit but then when i got to know him a bit more I realized how **** his personality is so that made him look physically sm uglier to me as well as personality-wise obviously.
Anyway here are some things that i think make people very UNattractive:

-Thinking they are always right
-People who think they are entitled to do anything
-People with a savior complex
-No sense of humor
-Only wearing trackies or those weird roadman jeans (not that its bad if that is their choice and they want to but personally I really don't like them at all)
-Making fun of other guys for wearing 'feminine' clothing or wearing nail polish
-Not letting me be independent
-Being way too invested from the start and like wanting to know everything that you are doing from like the first day
-Slut-shaming other women
-Objectifying women
-Mansplaining
-Only talking about themselves
-Pick me's (the ones that say guys don't go for nice guys they only like bad ones-always turn out to be that bad ones)
-The guys that won't stop harassing you if you clearly say you aren't interested or the ones that think you have to reply to them in 5 minutes or they will literally come at you and start saying ****.
-Being a ********

Anyway as i said at the start it is different for every person BUT DO NOT GO ASKING A GUY FOR ADVICE BCOZ MAJORITY OF THE TIME THEY WILL TELL U ****. It is better to ask a girl. Also if someone is asking you to change, leave them because they should be liking you for you yk.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Their wallet. If that counts as a physical feature.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
thats such ********
mus1403
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pilgrimharry)
Anyway as i said at the start it is different for every person BUT DO NOT GO ASKING A GUY FOR ADVICE BCOZ MAJORITY OF THE TIME THEY WILL TELL U ****. It is better to ask a girl. Also if someone is asking you to change, leave them because they should be liking you for you yk.
this is bs, never ask a girl what they like because most of them dont know what they like themself
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thats such ********
True - not everyone is like that.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mus1403)
this is bs, never ask a girl what they like because most of them dont know what they like themself
😒anyways........
pilgrimharry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you are looking to date a man do not go ask a man <3
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
If you search this up in a dictionary the definition you would probs find is 'I have never pulled a girl in my entire life, do not take my advice'
Anonymous #1
(Original post by pilgrimharry)
Its obvs different for everyone but for me personally I'd say a nice jawline and nice hands (ik that is kinda weird) AND WEARING RINGS IS SO FIT TRUST ME or any other kind of jewelry tbh. Also hygiene is VERY important. but also can i just say personality is 100x more important. For example, in peaky blinders, I didn't find Cillian murphy that attractive before I watched it but after I watched it i found him sooo attractive (more his character). My whole physical attraction to him changed because I was attracted to his personality which made him look more physically attractive. Another example is I was talking to a guy who was kinda fit but then when i got to know him a bit more I realized how **** his personality is so that made him look physically sm uglier to me as well as personality-wise obviously.
Anyway here are some things that i think make people very UNattractive:

-Thinking they are always right
-People who think they are entitled to do anything
-People with a savior complex
-No sense of humor
-Only wearing trackies or those weird roadman jeans (not that its bad if that is their choice and they want to but personally I really don't like them at all)
-Making fun of other guys for wearing 'feminine' clothing or wearing nail polish
-Not letting me be independent
-Being way too invested from the start and like wanting to know everything that you are doing from like the first day
-Slut-shaming other women
-Objectifying women
-Mansplaining
-Only talking about themselves
-Pick me's (the ones that say guys don't go for nice guys they only like bad ones-always turn out to be that bad ones)
-The guys that won't stop harassing you if you clearly say you aren't interested or the ones that think you have to reply to them in 5 minutes or they will literally come at you and start saying ****.
-Being a ********

Thank you, some very interesting points, never really knew the thing about rings so i’ll give that a go.

My issue with personality thing is, with that guy in the TV show you may have not liked him at first but because you are watching the TV show you are kind of forced to get to know him where most girls from my experience; if they don’t like you off first glance you ain’t getting a reply or anything. So the opinion is fixed, for example if you only watched the first episode of that TV program and stopped because you didn’t give it a chance you would not have got to like that guy, not found out about him etc. That’s the issue i’m facing, so my personality can’t really attract anyone.

Also I do believe the nice guys finish last thing, not because i’m a bad guy but I have literally finished last. One girl I was speaking to said she was feeling rough about the whole thing because she not long got out a relationship. Me trying to be nice I said “yeah that’s fine just take it slow at your pace” and she got bored because I was being too nice.

I don’t know if I have been speaking to some of the worst girls in the world but thats just my experience
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Without sounding like a brag I have worked hard in some of my business and got lucky with crypto so I am wealthier than the average person and it’s done literally nothing for me. Not one gold digger, bit upsetting to be honest that I can’t even attract one. I know these are the people you want but still a bit disheartening.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Without sounding like a brag I have worked hard in some of my business and got lucky with crypto so I am wealthier than the average person and it’s done literally nothing for me. Not one gold digger, bit upsetting to be honest that I can’t even attract one. I know these are the people you want but still a bit disheartening.
Just go on a dating app, make sure to fill in your income and job status, you should start getting some interest.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, please don't go down that gold digger road. Have some confidence in yourself! 23 is still a yoing age. You never know what could happen x
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
*young
Anonymous #1
Honestly, please don't go down that gold digger road. Have some confidence in yourself! 23 is still a yoing age. You never know what could happen x
Nah I don’t want to go down that route, I was just saying it would have been a nice confidence boast sort of thing. Right now my confidence is in the toilet
ruqaiyahhhhh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
eyes are really attractive imo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads