The Student Room Group

Last minute interview advice!

Hi, I have an interview for nursing tomorrow!

Any last things I should quickly be prepared on? Any advice?
Original post by Lalalalala221
Hi, I have an interview for nursing tomorrow!

Any last things I should quickly be prepared on? Any advice?

Hi , i'm so excited for you ! I know this maybe obvious but make sure you know how to answer ' why did you pick nursing ?'. It may not get to this question straight away, but in one of my interviews i was talking about mental health and they asked me ' why not counselling ?' 'why not a nursing assistant ? '. Try and get a good understanding of what nursing is and how it's different to other courses/jobs.
Don't be afraid of nerves, yeh they feel weird but it really does show you how important it is to you!
I wish you the best for tmr x
Original post by zoecbrown
Hi , i'm so excited for you ! I know this maybe obvious but make sure you know how to answer ' why did you pick nursing ?'. It may not get to this question straight away, but in one of my interviews i was talking about mental health and they asked me ' why not counselling ?' 'why not a nursing assistant ? '. Try and get a good understanding of what nursing is and how it's different to other courses/jobs.
Don't be afraid of nerves, yeh they feel weird but it really does show you how important it is to you!
I wish you the best for tmr x

wow i didnt even think of that! Thank you so much! I want to make sure i'm really prepared so thank you! I'm gonna have a litlle googling session now :smile:

And yeah, all of a sudden ive just got so nervous! I'll let you know how it goes! :smile:
Good luck! Remember to breathe, relax and be yourself!

Be confident in the 6 Cs and relating them to your experiences and also why they’re important. Be aware of the NMC and The Code, I’d skim through their Future Nurse document because it’s what the course is based on. Research a current issue in nursing, try choose not an obvious one! And prepare at least one question to ask them.

I’m sure you’ll do great!
Original post by twinlensreflex
Good luck! Remember to breathe, relax and be yourself!

Be confident in the 6 Cs and relating them to your experiences and also why they’re important. Be aware of the NMC and The Code, I’d skim through their Future Nurse document because it’s what the course is based on. Research a current issue in nursing, try choose not an obvious one! And prepare at least one question to ask them.

I’m sure you’ll do great!

Thank you for this! I made sure to have a look in the morning. Tripped up a little bit as forgot my current issue! I only had covid related ones!

I think it went well!
Original post by Lalalalala221
Thank you for this! I made sure to have a look in the morning. Tripped up a little bit as forgot my current issue! I only had covid related ones!

I think it went well!

Fingers crossed for you! I mean covid is absolutely an issue 😂 glad it went well anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending