anyone else feel a bit weird about leaving year 11?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Now that it’s confirmed gcses won’t go ahead and schools are doing these ‘mini tests’, I’m leaving school on 14th May and I assume it’s the same for all the other year 11s. But tbh I don’t want to leave, I’ve been at my school for 5 years everything has been the same and I don’t want for it all to just end now, I like school. I’m going back to the same school in september for 6th form but a lot of my friends aren’t and I don’t want it all to change, I like how it is. Missing so much do year 10 and 11 already has just made it worse, I struggled in lockdown and I know i’ll have all summer to be with my friends but I just don’t really want my secondary school time to end and all my friends are excited about leaving school and glad it ends in May but I just can’t seem to feel the same way. I like the familiarity of school and I can’t help but think I’ve taken it for granted this whole time. I don’t want it to just end. Anyone else feel the same way??
Ummhelloso
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not in year 11, i’m in year 10, but i’m still so sad and stressing and just overthinking the fact that next year is my last year. And I feel like next year will barely even count since it’ll mostly be revision for our GCSEs , and I legit LOVE school so much, and I feel like covid and lockdown has just ruined my high school experience
Skatie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not y11 either, I'm y13, but I feel the same. I've been at my school 7 years and it just feels wrong leaving now. I definitely took it for granted before I left two years ago and went back after a week, and I've felt so lucky to be there ever since, and now I can't stand the thought of leaving. It feels like home.
Ummhelloso
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Skatie)
I'm not y11 either, I'm y13, but I feel the same. I've been at my school 7 years and it just feels wrong leaving now. I definitely took it for granted before I left two years ago and went back after a week, and I've felt so lucky to be there ever since, and now I can't stand the thought of leaving. It feels like home.
I wish my school had a sixth form, so I could sort of carry on the experience like you lot
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm leaving by choice, but it's slightly upsetting that everything has culminated in a whimper.
#anonymous_user
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Now that it’s confirmed gcses won’t go ahead and schools are doing these ‘mini tests’, I’m leaving school on 14th May and I assume it’s the same for all the other year 11s. But tbh I don’t want to leave, I’ve been at my school for 5 years everything has been the same and I don’t want for it all to just end now, I like school. I’m going back to the same school in september for 6th form but a lot of my friends aren’t and I don’t want it all to change, I like how it is. Missing so much do year 10 and 11 already has just made it worse, I struggled in lockdown and I know i’ll have all summer to be with my friends but I just don’t really want my secondary school time to end and all my friends are excited about leaving school and glad it ends in May but I just can’t seem to feel the same way. I like the familiarity of school and I can’t help but think I’ve taken it for granted this whole time. I don’t want it to just end. Anyone else feel the same way??
omg yes same! Ive been feeling like this too. It’s gonna be so weird, not seeing people we’ve spent five years with anymore. I’m not planning to go to the sixth form, but I can’t imagine how weird it’s gonna be next year for those who are - everything will be so much different. It feels weird that we’re gonna leave, we’ve been there for a whole five years. Even though I’m glad it ends in May, it’s kind of bittersweet. I feel like I need more time.
I also can’t keep thinking about how weird it’s gonna be making new friend circles, I really don’t wanna lose my current ones but I also realise sometimes it happens naturally.
nessaG
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust me but all my friends and myself we are excited to experience something new but deep down we are all upset to leave each other to new sixthforms just remember to plan things and stay in contact and you wont even realise there gone from your daily schedule as well as this is the time to branch out and make connections and widening your group.(This comes in handy in the future when you wanna go on holiday you have wide selection)Remember to look at the positives
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh I understand, it must suck for everything to end during covid when its been your school for 5 yrs so you've become accustomed to it. You're not the only one thinking this im in yr10 but next yr I will have to leave as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads