og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I do not get the point of the spec, is it basically everything which may be in the exam? if I learn everything on the spec will that get me grade 8s or 9s ( and doing a lot of exam questions)

Can grade 8s or 9s students answer this questions on how they made notes
shinzo435
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The trick isn't learning just the content, it's also knowing how to answer the question (for example when there is a question that requires a short/long written answer), because wording can be the make or break of whether you get a point or not. When it's a working out question, you need to show all your workings in a clear and coherent way
adoc5364
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by og-icon)
Hi, I do not get the point of the spec, is it basically everything which may be in the exam? if I learn everything on the spec will that get me grade 8s or 9s ( and doing a lot of exam questions)

Can grade 8s or 9s students answer this questions on how they made notes
Yea I made notes on basically everything in the spec once I had understood them all and could recall definitions and stuff that’s when I started doing practice papers, looking at mark schemes will really help you learn how questions need to be answered whether is a recall question, describe and explain question etc
Hope this helps let me know if you have anymore questions
esbnothing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The specification is basically a checklist of what you could be tested on. You won't get 8s or 9s with understanding all the facts you need to know how to answer questions. You can do this by completing past papers and looking at mark schemes.
I made notes using my cgp revision guides and a website called mygcsescience for sciences. Do not just copy info from the guide it won't help you in the future. I find mygcsescience really good but you do pay £50 for access until the end of year 11. By making my notes like this I got 9s in chemistry and biology and 8 in physics. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads