2508Anon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
Congrats on your offers guys! If you have any questions about first year/the course me and a-aron will be happy to answer
Hiya! I'm in my final year of uni and just got an offer - do you know what the offer made to people in my position has been in previous years? (Grad students on 5 year course who applied in final year)
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon???)
Congrats all! I’m so relieved! Thank you to everyone on TSR who has made this dream come true - especially ecolier GANFYD and becausethenight

So firming this when it comes through 😂
:heart:
Thank you, this really makes my day! Good luck to you and everyone on here, you're going to be awesome doctors!
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can we apply for accommodation yet or do we have to wait for it to go through track?
Thanks
Anon???
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by turkeydinosaur16)
Can we apply for accommodation yet or do we have to wait for it to go through track?
Thanks
I tried to apply and it didn’t work so I think we need to wait for a track update
lakeyyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats all!!
penguin5091
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone have any thoughts on what the 'best'/more common accommodation choices are for first year med students? thank you!
Thegod1626
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guys anyone know what grades we need or do we find out when formal offers come
madi.m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
All of my lectures are online now (I think that's the way forward as it saves a lot of time)-even if they are in-person they will be recorded so you can watch it at home.
Small group teaching sessions are online right now-they may be face-to-face (my hopeful guess) from September if the vaccines work (which is the case).
It depends on how tired you may feel after driving/commuting, but it's definitely doable. Saves a lot of money as well!
this has been really helpful, thank you ! there's a lot to think about
do you think I'd be missing out on the 'uni experience' by not moving out? Ik at the moment with the pandemic it's been a lot of home learning but as you said I'm hoping things kind of go back to normal and I am hoping to enjoy the social side of uni in September
TheLilip
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well done everyone for getting offers! Definitely putting brum as my firm so I hope to see a bunch of you guys there honestly it hasn’t even sunk in yet that I got an offer it just feels so surreal haha
madi.m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheLilip)
Well done everyone for getting offers! Definitely putting brum as my firm so I hope to see a bunch of you guys there honestly it hasn’t even sunk in yet that I got an offer it just feels so surreal haha
haha same !! I'm looking forward to the events for offer holders so we can all get to know the vibe and the course
Bigreshe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thegod1626)
Guys anyone know what grades we need or do we find out when formal offers come
dude i literally answered ur q smh. Read the email they said track will update in a few weeks
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by madi.m)
do you think I'd be missing out on the 'uni experience' by not moving out? Ik at the moment with the pandemic it's been a lot of home learning but as you said I'm hoping things kind of go back to normal and I am hoping to enjoy the social side of uni in September
You don't have to be in halls to have a good social life. In a normal year, with whole cohort lectures you get to meet sooo many people anyway-and you also have people in your M group whom you can be friends with.
Also with halls, the experience depends on how good/bad your flatmates are.
Medic's Mother
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studenta3)
Thank you so much! what is the best accommodation to apply to for medicine (like a good distance from the medical school but also social) thanks!!
Accommodation on The Vale is great, very social and lots of outdoor space. It's 20-30 min walk from the Med School so perfectly doable.
katelendavies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just out of curiosity, how many of us are contextual or non contextual?
Bigreshe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by katelendavies)
just out of curiosity, how many of us are contextual or non contextual?
non-contextual
aspiring_____
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i have a question, if anyone can help
on the website it says, "For applicants who attend a contextual school (see: 'Use of Contextual Data'), the offer is AAB".
so am i correct in saying everyone who has a school on the list will get an AAB offer, just because i've seen other post above saying they look at a combo of things as mohussain said.
Last edited by aspiring_____; 1 month ago
a-aron
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by madi.m)
Nah to be honest a lot of people actually live at home! It's far cheaper for one, and (if things go back to normal) with the amount of time you spend at med school with everyone else, it's nice to have somewhere to retreat to. You pretty much spend all day with your coursemates so you don't miss out much, and there's always tons of activities and socities running
a-aron
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by penguin5091)
anyone have any thoughts on what the 'best'/more common accommodation choices are for first year med students? thank you!
@A_J_B mentioned in another post as well some top places! Alternatively, the vale is so big that there are usually tons of medics living there anyway, so it's really easy finding people to hang-out with/walk-home with. The only down-side is that the Vale is a 20-30 minute walk, but a lot of the social events do tend to be centred around the Vale i.e. Vale Fireworks (which btw are awesome and definitely worth going to!)
oracle87
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am considering to live outside of campus. Which area is cheaper? I am currently looking at Sally Oak. I am looking for a studio or 1 bedroom.

May I know how much does the train ticket cost? What's the train frequency like?

In london, there is a different fare between tube and train. I am unsure whether is University or Sally Oak station consider part of Birmingham city train network.
Last edited by oracle87; 1 month ago
Zaniiii
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I tried logging in to sort the accommodation but the email with the url doesn’t come through. Is it because it needs to update on track first before we can access it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (191)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (554)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (421)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (519)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.98%
Loneliness (317)
8.39%
Financial worries (139)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (147)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (169)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (337)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.39%

Watched Threads