MillieHart09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, I signed up for the Marked By Teachers but the payment messed up because I selected the monthly payment not the yearly. Only to find out that it’s taken £39.99 out of my bank! I’ve tried contacting them numerous times today as I made the purchase this morning but I’ve had no answer. They don’t answer the phone either. Anyone got any advice?
adoc5364
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MillieHart09)
Hey guys, I signed up for the Marked By Teachers but the payment messed up because I selected the monthly payment not the yearly. Only to find out that it’s taken £39.99 out of my bank! I’ve tried contacting them numerous times today as I made the purchase this morning but I’ve had no answer. They don’t answer the phone either. Anyone got any advice?
Contact your bank defo
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try contacting them on their socials.

You could try as a long shot to make a thread since they do work in the same company, at least it will guarantee one of the staff having to read it.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215
hotpud
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MillieHart09)
Why? Like seriously? Why? Why would you cheat to pass? Just do the work!
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hotpud)
Why? Like seriously? Why? Why would you cheat to pass? Just do the work!
Marked by Teachers isn't cheating, it is part TSR Group, it is literally at the bottom of every single page on this website.
hotpud
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Marked by Teachers isn't cheating, it is part TSR Group, it is literally at the bottom of every single page on this website.
Just because it is advertised on here doesn't give it legitimacy. It is a sale of essays sold to the highest bidder. To submit or base your work on these essays is cheating. It isn't your own work. And even if you do use these essays "legitimately", where is the learning? What is the point in doing a course if you are not learning anything and simply ticking boxes? Why bother?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because it is advertised on here doesn't give it legitimacy. It is a sale of essays sold to the highest bidder. To submit or base your work on these essays is cheating. It isn't your own work. And even if you do use these essays "legitimately", where is the learning? What is the point in doing a course if you are not learning anything and simply ticking boxes? Why bother?
It is having your work marked by teachers, clue is in the name "Marked by Teachers" :facepalm2:

http://www.markedbyteachers.com
hotpud
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
It is having your work marked by teachers, clue is in the name "Marked by Teachers" :facepalm2:

http://www.markedbyteachers.com
I'm not convinced. Looks more like an essay repository to me on every subject under the sun.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not convinced. Looks more like an essay repository to me on every subject under the sun.
Do you really think a company that works with universities, UCAS, the Government, etc is going to run an essay repository on the side in full view of everyone?

While also being accredited to use TurnItIn, software that literally detects plagiarism? They don't give that out to just anyone that asks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads