sophiea374
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi Guys,
I've searched all over the internet but I can't really find the answer to my question, so I'm just going to try it on here

I'm moving to Londen to do the LL.M. at LSE and I'm deciding on student accomodation.
I'm sort of leaning towards the graduate housing (especially Butlers wharf, High Holborn and Northumberland house (even though the last one also houses undergrads). Since I'm not from England and am quite a social person, I'd love to be in an accomodation where you can have dinner together or hang out in the evenings.

Only online I've found very mixed reviews of the social life in graduate housing. Therefore, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with this (especially the houses above) and could provide me with some insights haha

I'm also still kind of guessing to go the an intercollegiate hall (especially Garden Halls, College Hall or Connaught Hall) because catered housing is supposed to be more social. However, I still have some doubts because I read online that intercollegiate halls aren't as fun for LSE students, and I don't know how social these catered halls actually are now because of the pandemic.

If anyone could provide any thoughts on this I would loooove to hear!
VigoWilliam
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For me, High Holborn is the best LSE hall for social. Actually, we usually gather in High Holborn even though we live in other places. It's close to the campus and is surrounded by tons of good bars. The price is also decent for a place in that area.

The next best will be Passfield Hall. It's IN the UCL campus and next to most intercollegiate halls.

I don't know why intercollegiate halls are not as fun. Surely I guess most students living there are UCL, KCL or SOAS students, but there is no reason they are not friendly. Particularly, Garden Hall looks the best and College Hall is in the best location. I only know one who lived in intercollegiate halls (Connaught Hall). She once complained about the noisy, legless students screaming outside, but never complained about social. So they should be fine.
sophiea374
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thank you soo much!! This is great to hear Are you studying there now? And do you by any chance happen to know anything about Butlers Wharf?
VigoWilliam
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sophiea374)
Thank you soo much!! This is great to hear Are you studying there now? And do you by any chance happen to know anything about Butlers Wharf?
I graduated three years ago. I don't know much about Butlers Wharf, but it sounds pretty far away from the campus and could be hard to commute (If you use the tube it's like £70/month). The good thing is Tower Bridge should also has bunches of decent bars.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise