Medicine at Universities in Tbilisi, Georgia

Watch
christian.child
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I'm looking to apply to study medicine in Georgia this year through Study Medicine Europe or Medlink. If anyone is a student or has applied at any of the following universities I'd love to hear what you think of any of them. New Vision Uni, Ivane Javakhashvili State Uni, Caucasus International Uni and European Uni. Thanks
catherine south
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by christian.child)
Hey, I'm looking to apply to study medicine in Georgia this year through Study Medicine Europe or Medlink. If anyone is a student or has applied at any of the following universities I'd love to hear what you think of any of them. New Vision Uni, Ivane Javakhashvili State Uni, Caucasus International Uni and European Uni. Thanks
Hey, yes I applied with Medlink but I didn’t go to Georgia. They do work in Georgia with most of these universities. I remember speaking to students from these universities to get their feedback, i noticed the European university was the best.
catherine south
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I call the GMC to check if they have registered anyone from new vision university , and they confirmed he hadn't which is quite concerning because the agency i spoke to SME mentioned that they had graduate from this university in GMC. Anyway I was on the Gmc website and then I found this https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...-we-may-accept
it looks like they are now on the GMC may accept list. So that’s very worrying because i was actually planning on going there and the agency told me quite good things about the university, and the pricing for NVU was reasonable but now I’m unsure if I want to go there after seeing this.
pixiepowell
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by catherine south)
I call the GMC to check if they have registered anyone from new vision university , and they confirmed he hadn't which is quite concerning because the agency i spoke to SME mentioned that they had graduate from this university in GMC. Anyway I was on the Gmc website and then I found this https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...-we-may-accept
it looks like they are now on the GMC may accept list. So that’s very worrying because i was actually planning on going there and the agency told me quite good things about the university, and the pricing for NVU was reasonable but now I’m unsure if I want to go there after seeing this.
I think people keep jumping to conclusions about this...I'm at NVU and from what I know some grads are applying for GMC registration and we have to wait to see what's gonna happen. Everyone should stay calm and wait until we have more information. 'what ifs' are never helpful
pixiepowell
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also SME never said they had graduates from nvu already in the gmc (i applied through them and literally emailed them to ask about this). Always good to fact check
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hello everyone, is it possible to find part time jobs in tblisi to atleast manage my accommodation and living costs? I am really worried about this. I have recently graduated in Biomedical Science. Is there any hope for part time jobs?
Thanks
Mzee.m
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Applied via SME as well, only got offered 5.5 years which I a bit disappointing as I’ve done a post graduate Masters in Physician Associate studies
They do not want to recognise any of my post graduate credits which I find quite bemusing, anyone know anyone in a similar position?
somunkhan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Mzee.m)
Applied via SME as well, only got offered 5.5 years which I a bit disappointing as I’ve done a post graduate Masters in Physician Associate studies
They do not want to recognise any of my post graduate credits which I find quite bemusing, anyone know anyone in a similar position?
Hey, what was your undergraduate degree?
Mzee.m
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Public health and human physiology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (80)
42.78%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed