WrenTheBest2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do covid tests feel like? I have social anxiety and I’m worried something bad will happen or I’ll make a random noise again. Help?
RemDoggydog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WrenTheBest2004)
What do covid tests feel like? I have social anxiety and I’m worried something bad will happen or I’ll make a random noise again. Help?
I've had a few and I don't find them to bad and I have a very low pain tolerance and hate doing stuff like that. I've always do it myself or had my mum do it (I'm 21 and still have her do it). The throat one is like a tickle in your throat and the nose one it like pressure as you have to put it until you feel pressure. It's uncomfortable but not painful. It makes you feel like you need to sneeze 😂. Nothing bad will happen from the test I could promise you that. Are you looking at getting one done?
WrenTheBest2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by RemDoggydog)
I've had a few and I don't find them to bad and I have a very low pain tolerance and hate doing stuff like that. I've always do it myself or had my mum do it (I'm 21 and still have her do it). The throat one is like a tickle in your throat and the nose one it like pressure as you have to put it until you feel pressure. It's uncomfortable but not painful. It makes you feel like you need to sneeze 😂. Nothing bad will happen from the test I could promise you that. Are you looking at getting one done?
Have to. I have tics so I’m worried the tickle or pressure will make me make noise. They’ll be 3 ppl there to watch and I don’t Handel crowds well.
RemDoggydog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have to. I have tics so I’m worried the tickle or pressure will make me make noise. They’ll be 3 ppl there to watch and I don’t Handel crowds well.
Is it a school one? Is there anyone you can have there who you trust maybe your 3 people could be people you really trust? Don't worry about a noise. They'll of heard so many noises then people do Covid tests. I'm sorry if this isn't useful. I don't know know tics work exactly but maybe you could sing a song sometimes that works for some people I've seen on tiktok? I'm sorry and don't feel very useful 😂
WrenTheBest2004
Rep:
?
Is it a school one? Is there anyone you can have there who you trust maybe your 3 people could be people you really trust? Don't worry about a noise. They'll of heard so many noises then people do Covid tests. I'm sorry if this isn't useful. I don't know know tics work exactly but maybe you could sing a song sometimes that works for some people I've seen on tiktok? I'm sorry and don't feel very useful 😂
No, I don’t talk to anyone. It’s teachers at school watching.
RemDoggydog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I don’t talk to anyone. It’s teachers at school watching.
Do you have any teachers you connect with more than others?
WrenTheBest2004
Rep:
?
Do you have any teachers you connect with more than others?
No
RemDoggydog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
Do you have any way of trying to divert the tics? Like a distraction you can try to use? Is a teacher aloud to do it for you? (I find it's quicker when my mum does it)
WrenTheBest2004
Rep:
?
Do you have any way of trying to divert the tics? Like a distraction you can try to use? Is a teacher aloud to do it for you? (I find it's quicker when my mum does it)
Not that I know of. I might try to remember facts of my special interest.
RemDoggydog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not that I know of. I might try to remember facts of my special interest.
Yeah try anything. It only last about 2-3 minutes so anything to help you get through that. And honestly don't worry about any noises. They know you have tics and that it happens and you can't help it. They're there not to judge you. You can do it!! I believe in you💗
sush773
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
WrenTheBest2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by sush773)
Hi
Hello
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed