Armz17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am repeating the year at university but for this year unfortunately I can’t get the tuition fee but the reason why I failed was I missed an exam and did not submit couple assignments that’s because I had the symptoms of COVID-19 this was March 2021 that’s when the virus was first spreading around the uk. I was going through a lot of stress as I have a family member that passed away from this virus so that really had me finished thinking about it I contacted the GP them times I could not see the doctor as all the appointments were by the phone I spoke to the receptionist and told her what I have she has told me that I have the symptoms of COVID-19 take pain killers and if it get worst call the NHS number 111 after few weeks I felt good so I didn’t need to call them but I have missed exams and assignments deadline days I couldn’t give in a sick note as I don’t have one didn’t see my GP when I tried to reapply for student finance for September they have told me that I have to fund myself for the tuition fee (I can’t afford it also I’m in some debts) then I received an email from student finance telling me if I could send in proofs of why i didn’t complete the year they can give me an extra year funding I spoke to family friend of mine which is a doctor he has told me that he can’t take out letters from the hospital unless I have attended the hospital so I emailed student finance with all the details they emailed me saying they need a letter from someone professional such as doctor, social worker.... that could confirm this so I decided to write a letter myself making it coming from a doctor I put the family friend guy as the name and I put an image of the hospital logo and I signed it I sent it off it worked I got the entitlement letter and everything been a good month since I done it yesterday I received a phone call from the student finance fraud team they have told me that they called the hospital and there is no one with the name on your evidence letter and that they think it’s fraud and they will do more investigation onit and will respond end of the week they said if it’s fraud I will be put on CFS and will never be able to apply for student finance again but they will give me sometime to send them proof of what they need.I really need help I don’t know what to do I’m so stressed my intention was not fraud at all can someone help me if what I need to do in this case please or what do you think will happen???
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As you don’t have any evidence to provide them that you didn’t commit fraud, I would assume that it will be as they said-you won’t be able to get student finance.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
guess you’ve got to face the consequences now. “my intention was not fraud” ... what you did was clearly fraud and i’m sure you’re old enough to have realised that.

are you not able to obtain a letter from your GP, seeing as you did call them?
Last edited by sy!¡; 1 month ago
Yolz121
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Although your intention was not for fraud, your action was definitely fraudulent.
Davidsmithh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wow that’s probably the most saddest thing I’ve read this week. I think you should have understood what was going on at the time regardless of any situation... I think you will have to admit it because you’ve got to remember that they’ll always be one step ahead of you try commit fraud.

Big mistake but gotta gave the consequences
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
As you don’t have any evidence to provide them that you didn’t commit fraud, I would assume that it will be as they said-you won’t be able to get student finance.
I can provide them with a letter from a doctor he is a family friend would that work
Davidsmithh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Armz17)
I can provide them with a letter from a doctor he is a family friend would that work
Your gonna make things worse, don’t get a doctor to commit fraud LOOOL
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by sy!¡)
guess you’ve got to face the consequences now. “my intention was not fraud” ... what you did was clearly fraud and i’m sure you’re old enough to have realised that.

are you not able to obtain a letter from your GP, seeing as you did call them?
Yes I know but I provided them in details why I couldn’t finish the year and everything is legit I can get the doctor to write a letter but it won’t be from the hospital it will be from him but with proof that he is actually a doctor
sy!¡
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I know but I provided them in details why I couldn’t finish the year and everything is legit I can get the doctor to write a letter but it won’t be from the hospital it will be from him but with proof that he is actually a doctor
why does it have to be from the hospital? ask them if they’ll accept a GP letter.
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by sy!¡)
why does it have to be from the hospital? ask them if they’ll accept a GP letter.
The thing is I haven’t seen my GP I just spoke to the receptionist on the phone but if I speak to my GP doctor do yu think he’ll provide me with a letter
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am repeating the year at university but for this year unfortunately I can’t get the tuition fee but the reason why I failed was I missed an exam and did not submit couple assignments that’s because I had the symptoms of COVID-19 this was March 2021 that’s when the virus was first spreading around the uk. I was going through a lot of stress as I have a family member that passed away from this virus so that really had me finished thinking about it I contacted the GP them times I could not see the doctor as all the appointments were by the phone I spoke to the receptionist and told her what I have she has told me that I have the symptoms of COVID-19 take pain killers and if it get worst call the NHS number 111 after few weeks I felt good so I didn’t need to call them but I have missed exams and assignments deadline days I couldn’t give in a sick note as I don’t have one didn’t see my GP when I tried to reapply for student finance for September they have told me that I have to fund myself for the tuition fee (I can’t afford it also I’m in some debts) then I received an email from student finance telling me if I could send in proofs of why i didn’t complete the year they can give me an extra year funding I spoke to family friend of mine which is a doctor he has told me that he can’t take out letters from the hospital unless I have attended the hospital so I emailed student finance with all the details they emailed me saying they need a letter from someone professional such as doctor, social worker.... that could confirm this so I decided to write a letter myself making it coming from a doctor I put the family friend guy as the name and I put an image of the hospital logo and I signed it I sent it off it worked I got the entitlement letter and everything been a good month since I done it yesterday I received a phone call from the student finance fraud team they have told me that they called the hospital and there is no one with the name on your evidence letter and that they think it’s fraud and they will do more investigation onit and will respond end of the week they said if it’s fraud I will be put on CFS and will never be able to apply for student finance again but they will give me sometime to send them proof of what they need.I really need help I don’t know what to do I’m so stressed my intention was not fraud at all can someone help me if what I need to do in this case please or what do you think will happen???
Get a copy of the relatives death certificate; you can do this from the General Register Office for a fee. For covid you can just self certify using the NHS 111 get an isolation note. Submit both of these alongside a letter explaining how the death of the relative affected you

Submitting a fake letter was kind of dumb; all you can really do is apologise now
Last edited by Smeraldettoi; 1 month ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That won’t negate the fact that you have already committed fraud, and you’re planning on getting out of it by doing even more.

Not to mention your family friend will not risk his job to provide you with any sort of official letter.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
sy!¡
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The thing is I haven’t seen my GP I just spoke to the receptionist on the phone but if I speak to my GP doctor do yu think he’ll provide me with a letter
yes, tell them why you need it and they should give it to you.
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
That won’t negate the fact that you have already committed fraud, and you’re planning on getting out of it by doing even more.

Not to mention your family friend will not risk his job to provide you with any sort of official letter.
Yes I understand I will just wait for them to send me that letter to see the instructions they want me to do and I will see
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by sy!¡)
yes, tell them why you need it and they should give it to you.
Okay thank you
Yolz121
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Surely this could have been done in the first place.. at least it would have prevented this outcome.

They would have accepted a letter from your GP as he is a professional qualified doctor and general practician. This would have been accepted more so than a fraudulent one. They would have been able to advise you further if the letter from the GP could be accepted as part of your evidence for student finance support.

As another user said, just explain to them the situation and gather all the relevant documents needed to prove that you had the check for covid, and also the letter from a doctor. At least they can look through and then assess the whole situation.

You need to tell them the truth.

Nothing right now can change the fact that you committed fraud in the first place, and attempting to continue further will not support the situation. But definitely get the correct documents that they requested in the first place, and other forms of evidence that can back up your initial report given to them.

As for what will happen moving forward, they will potentially investigate this further and depending on severity may take action further. However, this varies on a case to case basis.

Just please send the right documents through now and explain the situation.
Yolz121
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can someone help me if what I need to do in this case please or what do you think will happen???
Check out this link - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...mers_suspected

Someone asked the same question, and a member of the Student Loans Company gave them a step by step run through of what next steps are taken by CFS if someone is a suspect of student finance fraud

Edit - amend organisation names
Last edited by Yolz121; 1 month ago
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yolz121)
Surely this could have been done in the first place.. at least it would have prevented this outcome.

They would have accepted a letter from your GP as he is a professional qualified doctor and general practician. This would have been accepted more so than a fraudulent one. They would have been able to advise you further if the letter from the GP could be accepted as part of your evidence for student finance support.

As another user said, just explain to them the situation and gather all the relevant documents needed to prove that you had the check for covid, and also the letter from a doctor. At least they can look through and then assess the whole situation.

You need to tell them the truth.

Nothing right now can change the fact that you committed fraud in the first place, and attempting to continue further will not support the situation. But definitely get the correct documents that they requested in the first place, and other forms of evidence that can back up your initial report given to them.

As for what will happen moving forward, they will potentially investigate this further and depending on severity may take action further. However, this varies on a case to case basis.

Just please send the right documents through now and explain the situation.
Yes I understand I made a big mistake the thing is I did not go for a COVID check but as I said I spoke to the GP receptionist and I spoke to a family friend which is a doctor that’s all but I can try call the GP tomorrow and get an appointment with the doctor and explain to him everything and see if I can get any luck with that I’m just so depressed right now they told me if I have any evidence or anything that I want to talk about call us back but I’m scared to be on the CFS list that’s my whole life ruined
Armz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yolz121)
Check out this link - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...mers_suspected

Someone asked the same question, and a member of the CFS service gave him a step by step run through of what next steps are taken if someone is a suspect of student finance fraud
Thank you I will check this now
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Yes I understand I made a big mistake the thing is I did not go for a COVID check but as I said I spoke to the GP receptionist and I spoke to a family friend which is a doctor that’s all but I can try call the GP tomorrow and get an appointment with the doctor and explain to him everything and see if I can get any luck with that I’m just so depressed right now they told me if I have any evidence or anything that I want to talk about call us back but I’m scared to be on the CFS list that’s my whole life ruined
sry but the mistake was not not going for a covid check, it was this 'so I decided to write a letter myself making it coming from a doctor I put the family friend guy as the name and I put an image of the hospital logo and I signed it I sent it off it worked'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads