The Student Room Group

last day of school for year 11 2021

does anyone know when school will finish since we are not doing our gcse exam?

Scroll to see replies

not a clue but when/if you find out lmk
Probably in June when teachers have to submit grades (18th June is deadline)
Original post by zakbad16

i thnk around the 18th june but some schools are finishing learning the content by may so idk but when you find out can you lmk ty.
Original post by zakbad16

May half term should be the case.There needs to be internal quality assurance before grades need to be submitted.This approximately takes one or two weeks
I finish school just before may half-term starts as my teachers have stated today.
Original post by Nadz101
I finish school just before may half-term starts as my teachers have stated today.

Oh really,and how were the reactions?
But im gonna have my third round of mocks this year in most of my subjects when I go back which is a little annoying.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nadz101
Everyone was soooo happy to hear that for some reason. I guess they just wanna move on from this year and start a new chapter of their lives asap

Me too.My parents are from Greece,so we have got a house there.I am leaving during may half-term until late August,not looking back to that old state comprehensive I hated so much.Results will be delivered online,so May the 28th will be the last time I will actually walk into my school
Original post by ektasmar
Oh really,and how were the reactions?

Everyone was soooo happy to hear that for some reason. I guess they just wanna move on from this year and start a new chapter of their lives asap
Me too.My parents are from Greece,so we have got a house there.I am leaving during may half-term until late August,not looking back to that old state comprehensive I hated so much.Results will be delivered online,so May the 28th will be the last time I will actually walk into my school

Tht sounds so exciting and at least you get to go somewhere nice after being locked in your house because of the lockdowns.

Also May 28th is just less than two months away!!!!

Time is gonna fly by so fast I just know it.
Original post by Nadz101
Tht sounds so exciting and at least you get to go somewhere nice after being locked in your house because of the lockdowns.

Also May 28th is just less than two months away!!!!

Time is gonna fly by so fast I just know it.

Yeah true.What are you planning for the summer?
Yeah true.What are you planning for the summer?

I'm probs gonna do a lot of clothes shopping for sixth form and just chill I guess.

Nothing much tbh cuz there isn't really much to do until things start opening up.
Original post by Nadz101
I'm probs gonna do a lot of clothes shopping for sixth form and just chill I guess.

Nothing much tbh cuz there isn't really much to do until things start opening up.

I don't really care about quarantine and stuff.Just my PCR test 72 hours before travelling and off I go to the land of my fathers
Well it has to be earlier than June because you cannot create more work after end of may cause of all the checks that need to be done. Some schools in Birmingham have been told the 28th of may whilst others the 21st
Original post by charlee09
Well it has to be earlier than June because you cannot create more work after end of may cause of all the checks that need to be done. Some schools in Birmingham have been told the 28th of may whilst others the 21st

True.I am from Birmingham and we have been told the 28th of May

They haven't told my school but omg only a month left!!!
Original post by charlee09
They haven't told my school but omg only a month left!!!

I am so excited to enjoy my 3 months holiday and then go to college ready for A-Levels and my future as an upcoming adult
don't think we go back after half-term
Original post by sarahxi23
don't think we go back after half-term

Most schools have already said that.Although some have said 11th or 18th of June.Some schools,especially those with sixth forms,have said the last Friday in June
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest