The Student Room Group

How do you stop yourself crying in an argument?

Please help. Whenever I'm in trouble or an argument, I can never say my point because I instantly feel like crying.
Idk but I usually tell myself if you cry then you lose or I tell myself something that makes me angry bc when I get angry I can’t cry or I tell myself if I don’t cry I’ll treat myself to cheesecake🤠👍🏾Anyways hope one of those helps you
Original post by Anonymous
Please help. Whenever I'm in trouble or an argument, I can never say my point because I instantly feel like crying.

Maybe it’s because you get emotional really easily, I’d say try and take more deep breaths and remember that an argument is just an argument and that you’ll have forgotten about it by the next day.
Imagine the other person is big fat pig on the toilet.

Not kidding you, it works.
Reply 4
Original post by 11izzycandy
Idk but I usually tell myself if you cry then you lose or I tell myself something that makes me angry bc when I get angry I can’t cry or I tell myself if I don’t cry I’ll treat myself to cheesecake🤠👍🏾Anyways hope one of those helps you

Original post by nikkiblonsky
Maybe it’s because you get emotional really easily, I’d say try and take more deep breaths and remember that an argument is just an argument and that you’ll have forgotten about it by the next day.

Original post by glassalice
Imagine the other person is big fat pig on the toilet.

Not kidding you, it works.

Ok, thank you! I will try all of these!
It’s okay to cry. Why try to fight it? It’s okay to cry as long as you know it is going to be okay in the end

omg sameeee this happens to me tooo its so bad lol :frown:
Reply 7

I've never felt the urge to cry in an argument (I'm male though)

I do sometimes feel an urge to hit people though......., like it was some random person in the street i was arguing with
have you ever just :boxing:someone

Original post by ANM775

I do sometimes feel an urge to hit people though......., like it was some random person in the street i was arguing with
Original post by 11izzycandy

This thread is taking an unexpectedly dark turn...
Ngl that's adorable... (sry I know it's not relevant)
Me too though, sometimes when my friends, siblings, or even parents yell or be serious with me I break down in tears.
Reply 12
Remind yourself that it's the person in front of you who should be worried that they'd start crying and that THEY'RE the ones trying to prove themselves to you because YOU are correct. (But please don't be ignorant in an argument, you might actually be in the wrong lmao). Anyway, keep your head up queen/king.
i cry when im mad too
Original post by Moonlight rain
It’s okay to cry. Why try to fight it? It’s okay to cry as long as you know it is going to be okay in the end

Original post by Qxi.xli
omg sameeee this happens to me tooo its so bad lol :frown:

Original post by ANM775

Original post by CatGentleman
Ngl that's adorable... (sry I know it's not relevant)

Original post by rawrspamz
Me too though, sometimes when my friends, siblings, or even parents yell or be serious with me I break down in tears.

Thanks for all the comments! :smile: It feels nice knowing others can relate.
ANM775 - how do you know I'm female? Men cry too.
Reply 15
ANM775 - how do you know I'm female? Men cry too.

Tone of the post, also your posting style suggests you are female. :wink:

I'm very good at discerning people's gender from just their posts.
I'm right about 75% of the time.

Feminist women is where i'm most likely to make a mistake as many of the more agitated ones have a male posting style
Reply 16
Original post by BrokeHistoria

Yes, 6 months ago ..some man at the shopping centre

He deserved it though, several people in the crowd were telling me to do it too......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending