Year 12 and 13 - what help do you need with making uni decisions

Watch
Poll: Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?
Webinars (82)
11.92%
Virtual campus tours/open days (168)
24.42%
Live streaming events (57)
8.28%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (62)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (157)
22.82%
An in-person event when available (162)
23.55%
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
It sure is an interesting time for those of you starting uni in September.

Loads of you are making those important decisions around your firm and insurance choices, and we've seen lots of people saying it's pretty tough without being able to actually go to unis and check stuff out in real life.

So we're wondering - what would be most helpful to you in making those choices right now? Or perhaps you've already made them, but you still need more info.

As things start to 'unlock' a bit, how are you feeling about the prospect of potential in-person events?
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
I rly hope that at some point (before May haha) the universities will be able to do an in-person event. Ik a massive offer-holder day might not be possible, but if they could split it into small group tours or something it would be better than nothing. I just feel like virtual offer holder days are displaying the same information as was in the virtual open days, and its hard to trust an online event because of course they're only gonna show you the best parts of the uni. It's difficult to get a vibe of the place yk ?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
It will be interesting to see if any Universities are now planning a rash of Live In-person Open Days for after 21 June - too late for making Firm and Insurance decisions of course but this could still be valuable for offer holders.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Honestly, I just want to see the universities in-person as soon as possible!
itsraininghere
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Honestly, I just want to see the universities in-person as soon as possible!
Same. This will be especially more difficult for unis with collegiate systems. :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.53%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.05%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.37%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.26%
Getting distracted (14)
14.74%
Procrastination (38)
40%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads