Thescientist711
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, congrats on getting your offers.

Anyone group 1 4:45?
letmeinunis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know which accommodation is the closest to the medical campus? It's really confusing me
loulou90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by letmeinunis)
Does anyone know which accommodation is the closest to the medical campus? It's really confusing me
The Pears Building is at Kent and the STEHM building is at Christ Church. From what I can tell, we do lectures at Pears and stimulations etc at STEHM. I just called KMMS and they said that the Kent accommodation is all on campus but Christ Church accommodation is more spaced out in Canterbury but it is still in walking distance. I hope that helps, I'm a little confused too. They might put more on ig on wednesday.
mayapirie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loulou90)
The Pears Building is at Kent and the STEHM building is at Christ Church. From what I can tell, we do lectures at Pears and stimulations etc at STEHM. I just called KMMS and they said that the Kent accommodation is all on campus but Christ Church accommodation is more spaced out in Canterbury but it is still in walking distance. I hope that helps, I'm a little confused too. They might put more on ig on wednesday.
This is really helpful thank you! Do you think that means we can apply for accommodation now?
Paul Cheenis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yessssssssssssss !!!!
beccahxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are there any grad offer holders who are a bit older? I'm 29, and I'm scared I'm going to be the oldest haha
letmeinunis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was reading a bit more about accommodation and there's no student parking, how are we supposed to get to placements if we can't bring a car?
mariah carey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just dm'ed them and they'll be sending out some info on offer holder days in the next few weeks, so we can get some more info on accom etc.

I was reading a bit more about accommodation and there's no student parking, how are we supposed to get to placements if we can't bring a car?
I wouldn't have thought we'd need it in first year, but i think I read somewhere that they'd prioritise parking for those on placement
beccahxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scorp10)
Oh no don’t feel old! I’m 29 also, I’m an access student though. I think there’s a good mix of people!
That makes me feel better, thanks!
Bambi234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i read that we can get a discounted unibus pass
letmeinunis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bambi234)
i read that we can get a discounted unibus pass
yeah, my only worry is other unis say you need a car for the far off placements and not to rely on public transport. What happens if the bus doesn't go to where we need to get to?
Paul Cheenis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
let's goooooooooooooooooooooo :f1:
Elbd1711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah, my only worry is other unis say you need a car for the far off placements and not to rely on public transport. What happens if the bus doesn't go to where we need to get to?
Completely get why you’re worried - I’ve seen similar information about needing a car for placements! However Kent doesn’t seem to state this on their website so I wouldn’t worry for now. Also, I think someone else has already said this but I believe first year placements are reasonably local. I’m sorry if this isn’t very helpful! If you’re really worried, perhaps DM them or ask in the Q&A on Wednesday!
Hlouise2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beccahxx)
Are there any grad offer holders who are a bit older? I'm 29, and I'm scared I'm going to be the oldest haha
I'll be 25 when we start!
shazzyy2183
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! I'm a graduate. I really hope I can attend KMMS, unfortunately it depends on finances as no student loan but I'm trying everything I can! They're my firm offer.
(Original post by Amberrose101)
I’m the exact same !!
same position. Am working as much as I can during my gap year now. Hopefully ease of pressure a bit but yh ngl it will be very tough
matcha209
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hlouise2020)
I'll be 25 when we start!
I will be 23, almost 24. Honestly, don’t worry about age 🥰 all my medic friends say that’s not a thing to be worried about. Let’s just enjoy our time and I’m sure there will be other people as well the same age as you ^_^
Hlouise2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any parents on here? I have a two year old! 😬
Paul Cheenis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I literally can't wait ! ! ! :ahee:
Elbd1711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have people decided if they’re definitely firming KMMS? Has anyone already firmed? Super excited to meet everyone in September!
shazaib9696
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elbd1711)
Have people decided if they’re definitely firming KMMS? Has anyone already firmed? Super excited to meet everyone in September!
Firmed kmms
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (195)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (560)
14.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (432)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (532)
13.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (191)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (232)
6.02%
Loneliness (324)
8.4%
Financial worries (142)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (151)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (172)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.65%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (345)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (362)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed