MedicJourney_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elbd1711)
Have people decided if they’re definitely firming KMMS? Has anyone already firmed? Super excited to meet everyone in September!
I’ve firmed also 😊. So excited too!
shazzyy2183
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
which accommodation you all considering?
snoodleyboodles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beccahxx)
Are there any grad offer holders who are a bit older? I'm 29, and I'm scared I'm going to be the oldest haha
Hey, Im firming Kent and Im 37! Are you living in student accommodation?
snoodleyboodles
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hlouise2020)
Any parents on here? I have a two year old! 😬
Im a parent! I have a 10 year old and a 7 year old... Are you local to Canterbury?
FaccoyKazz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what are you all looking into for accommodation? i know the kent accom is very close to the med school, not sure about what canterbury is close to...
Hlouise2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by snoodleyboodles)
Im a parent! I have a 10 year old and a 7 year old... Are you local to Canterbury?
No I'm about an hour and a half away and will be commuting! Are you?
snoodleyboodles
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hlouise2020)
No I'm about an hour and a half away and will be commuting! Are you?
Im in Tonbridge - so an hour away... Glad I'm not the only one juggling it!
letmeinunis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shazzyy2183)
which accommodation you all considering?
parkwood flats seem like the best option for me!
Lalalala93
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

Just got an unconditional offer and made it my firm choice

Thank god. It was a hard weekend 😂
Paul Cheenis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
haha yes ! ! ! can't wait to firm
Elbd1711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FaccoyKazz)
what are you all looking into for accommodation? i know the kent accom is very close to the med school, not sure about what canterbury is close to...
I woukd like to be in Parkwood Flats or Petros Court because I’d like my own bathroom but I would be fine with Parkwood houses if worst comes to worst!
FaccoyKazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elbd1711)
I woukd like to be in Parkwood Flats or Petros Court because I’d like my own bathroom but I would be fine with Parkwood houses if worst comes to worst!
yesss petros court looks GORGEOUS!!! i think its like a 45 min walk from the med school building so that put me off a bit🤣parkwood overall looks so so lovely too, we are truly blessed to have such well kept accommodation, but i agree with you there - i’d rather my own bathroom haha!
Bambi234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FaccoyKazz)
I think parkwood houses for me
FaccoyKazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bambi234)
I think parkwood houses for me
yes the houses look lovely! i looked at the virtual tour and the rooms have much larger desk space than the flat bedrooms, kitchen looks great too!😁
beccahxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm looking at accommodation- does anyone know if they group by age? I hope I don't sound horrible but I'm old and I want to be with people nearer my age, mainly because I am not a party person at all!

I was going to just get a studio flat in Canterbury but then I worry about not making friends?
Lalalala93
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm looking at accommodation- does anyone know if they group by age? I hope I don't sound horrible but I'm old and I want to be with people nearer my age, mainly because I am not a party person at all!

I was going to just get a studio flat in Canterbury but then I worry about not making friends?
I was thinking the same thing. I have two dogs - not a party person, 27

So am thinking of getting a house and rent out a room to a person or find a roommate within the course.
studenta3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know how much we will be traveling to and from the 2 campuses as I don't want to be doing it multiple times a day honestly
Elbd1711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Don’t worry I completely understand that graduates/mature students would want a bit of space! I think I remember that on one of the Q&As a graduate student spoke about the fact that he was grouped with other grads in his first year - but don’t quote me on that!

I agree that being in student accommodation would make it easier to make friends! Another thing to consider would be private student accommodation that isn’t affiliated with this university. I remember this being mentioned as a popular option for grads/mature students in the introduction session before the interview.

Sorry for the long message! Hope this helps!
letmeinunis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know this sounds mad but I'm an undergraduate and not at all interested in partying etc. Are medical students actually like all the other students in this aspect because I was under the (probably naïve) influence that they were more mature than that?
FaccoyKazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by letmeinunis)
I know this sounds mad but I'm an undergraduate and not at all interested in partying etc. Are medical students actually like all the other students in this aspect because I was under the (probably naïve) influence that they were more mature than that?
like all other students, some may like it and some may not, think it depends on the person really rather than the course - you may be right though, medicine probably does have more mature-acting students! remember it’s completely okay not to want to party (and vice versa) - everybody is different!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (517)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (224)
5.96%
Loneliness (315)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (353)
9.4%

Watched Threads