The Student Room Group

Bristol vs St Andrews for Medicine

Hello,

Been mulling over this for a while now and honestly getting nowhere.

I wanna go to a university that's as focused on research as possible, I'd prefer a big vibrant atmosphere over a small quiet one and I like the idea of going to a more prestigious uni (even if maybe I shouldn't).

I'm also a little concerned about living costs so that's another factor for me. For St Andrews, I'll be there for 3 years and then complete my MBBS at Manchester (English route).

I'd appreciate it if anyone with personal experiences or even if you just have ur own thoughts about either of the two could let me know :smile:
Original post by sometimeslight
Hello,

Been mulling over this for a while now and honestly getting nowhere.

I wanna go to a university that's as focused on research as possible, I'd prefer a big vibrant atmosphere over a small quiet one and I like the idea of going to a more prestigious uni (even if maybe I shouldn't).

I'm also a little concerned about living costs so that's another factor for me. For St Andrews, I'll be there for 3 years and then complete my MBBS at Manchester (English route).

I'd appreciate it if anyone with personal experiences or even if you just have ur own thoughts about either of the two could let me know :smile:

Hi, I'm in my final year of a biomedical sciences degree at Bristol, so cant give much info on how the medicine course is, but I'd say Bristol would be wonderful if youre looking for a good atmosphere! The sports clubs and societies are all so wonderful, and Bristol as a city is so fun to explore. I know medics who go here too and I havent heard a bad word about the teaching and placements! There's also the option to intercalate if you wanted to spend a year doing a degree thats just research based too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending