The Student Room Group

dress codes in uni

I know its early to think about this as I'm only about finishing year 11 but do uni have dress codes? Obviously, every school is different and your obviously not going to go out in something ridiculously revealing or offensive but is there anything besides that? Like face piercings/hair dye/fishnet/goth-like boots..?
Reply 1
Not in my experience - most people wear what they'd like. I've seen everything from pyjamas to (pretty much) costumes. Every hair colour under the sun and piercing possible, really.
Reply 2
Original post by ShelPea
Not in my experience - most people wear what they'd like. I've seen everything from pyjamas to (pretty much) costumes. Every hair colour under the sun and piercing possible, really.

thanks! i think im too use to high school dress regulations lmao.
Unless your course requires placements there isn’t normally a dress code. I went to art school for my first degree so everyone was pretty wacky 😂
nope, there's no dress code. :smile:
Original post by twinlensreflex
for my first degree

ohhhhh the flex :cry2:
Uni merch clothes at all time :wink: Just kidding.

Honestly there isn't one (just assume dont wear anything that could be offensive etc etc). I've seen everything from pj's to fancy dress to hoodies and normal clothes. When we were isolating me and my flatmates just lived in pj's bc we couldn't go and do laundry in the laundry block :rofl:
(edited 3 years ago)
At Durham we had a strict dress code for lectures consisting of hoodie, pyjama bottoms and wellington boots.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well I recommend going in casual long shirts and dress pants but those clothes colour must be attractive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest