The Student Room Group

Is it worth to start a society about violence against women?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds more like you want something to add to your CV. Push for the feminist society to talk about violence against women, apply to run for its President or something. You'd be splintering student support for feminism into two societies. That said, I agree with the other guy. Women are not particularly victims of violence, men are too and if anything they receive less support in terms of NGOs/charities. Why make it a gendered thing? Just join the feminist society I'd say.
Morning all,

Since this thread is (appropriately) in the University Life forum I'd ask everyone to kindly remember that this is a place for giving advice, not for having a debate about the merits and methods of preventing domestic violence.

Obviously this is an important subject and one many people on the site feel strongly about, but please remember we're all here to help the Original Poster.

Thanks everyone,
MR
Might as well man, or you could ask the Feminist society to start campaigning if you haven't already. But hey, if they wont / can't then I see no reason not too.

Quick Reply

Latest