username5624856
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So basically I didnt take an EPQ and fro courses like medicine EPQ can help get a lower offer if you get AAB + A EPQ?
any thoughts?
qwert7890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi!

Only a handful of medical schools will lower your offer if you get a good grade in EPQ. I remember reading that HYMS, Lancaster, Sheffield and Queen's University Belfast are the ones that do this. You will also have to firm them I believe in order to qualify for the lower offer.

Hope this helps! ecolier can correct me if I've missed something
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by qwert7890)
Hi!

Only a handful of medical schools will lower your offer if you get a good grade in EPQ. I remember reading that HYMS, Lancaster, Sheffield and Queen's University Belfast are the ones that do this. You will also have to firm them I believe in order to qualify for the lower offer.

QUB would lower their offer slightly but not to AAB I think.

https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...mb-a100/#entry

AAA at A-level + A in a fourth AS-level subject including A-level Chemistry plus at least one other A-level from Biology/Human Biology, Mathematics or Physics. If not offered at A-level then Biology/Human Biology grade A as a 4th AS-level or grade B as a 5th AS-level. Grade A in the EPQ or Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate or a grade B in a 4th A-level will be acceptable in lieu of the 4th AS-level.

OR

A*AA at A-level including Chemistry and Biology/Human Biology.

OR

A*AA at A-level including Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics + AS-level Biology grade B.
Last edited by ecolier; 6 months ago
username5624856
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by qwert7890)
Hi!

aww i was thinking of HYMS AND SHEFFIELD!! i havent doen epq
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (111)
14.55%
My mental health (111)
14.55%
Feeling behind academically (144)
18.87%
Making friends/social anxiety (138)
18.09%
How to organise myself (25)
3.28%
How to revise/study effectively (91)
11.93%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (128)
16.78%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
1.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise