AsKim
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can I re-apply to Oxford University as a new application in (entry in 2022) while holding an unconditional offer from the previous application?

I am pretty sure UCAS informs to choose between these in Feb, so what I am thinking is that can't I decide in January as it is when Oxbridge sends out offers.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AsKim)
Can I re-apply to Oxford University as a new application in (entry in 2022) while holding an unconditional offer from the previous application?

I am pretty sure UCAS informs to choose between these in Feb, so what I am thinking is that can't I decide in January as it is when Oxbridge sends out offers.
UCAS aren’t intending to allow applying for 2022 while holding a deferred offer. It was a one off for 2021 due to uncertainty around October/November exam results dates.
AsKim
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
UCAS aren’t intending to allow applying for 2022 while holding a deferred offer. It was a one off for 2021 due to uncertainty around October/November exam results dates.
would it be also applied if that happens again?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AsKim)
would it be also applied if that happens again?
No.
AsKim
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
No.
So, I will need to decide between the previous and new application no matter what, right?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AsKim)
So, I will need to decide between the previous and new application no matter what, right?
Yes. You need to decide before submitting a new application.

It’s perfectly fine to talk to your deferred university and ask if they’ll honour their offer if you reapply to them during your gap year. Many universities are quite happy to do that and it means that you aren’t risking losing out by reapplying. If you have a deferred offer then you have to ask your deferred university to withdraw your application anyway (you can’t do it yourself once the new UCAS cycle opens).
AsKim
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes. You need to decide before submitting a new application.

It’s perfectly fine to talk to your deferred university and ask if they’ll honour their offer if you reapply to them during your gap year. Many universities are quite happy to do that and it means that you aren’t risking losing out by reapplying. If you have a deferred offer then you have to ask your deferred university to withdraw your application anyway (you can’t do it yourself once the new UCAS cycle opens).
alright thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (175)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (517)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (393)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (490)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (172)
4.87%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (214)
6.06%
Loneliness (300)
8.49%
Financial worries (129)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (140)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (160)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (197)
5.58%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (317)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (329)
9.31%

Watched Threads