Matthew926189
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
so, I'm going to try and put as much detail in here as I can, and be as honest as i can, any advice is appreciated
Basically, I'm ****ed, I don't know what to do with my life.
i finished school with 3 GCSE's due to not attempting anything at all and taking a laissez faire approach to everything, I've been working for my parents at an estate agents and mainly doing admin for my dad who is a mortgage advisor, we have decided to set me up on a Ce-Map apprenticeship, and after passing those exams and one other exam (would not be hard compared to ce-map) i would have a guaranteed wage of upwards of 30,000 and at the age of 18-19 would obviously be a good wage, my entire reason as to why I'm ****ed though is i cant seem revise at all, i put everything off until last minute (shown by my gcse results and even when attempting to revise I can't focus for longer than 20-30 mins at a time, i also somehow manage to lose motivation constantly, is there anyway to get around this or any advise regarding ce-map to be able to learn the qualification easier, and also is the cemap qualification as hard as it looks.
i apologise for waffling
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
CeMap is a level 3 qualification, so it's not smooth sailing.
The qualification isn't tough per se, but you do need to know a lot and remember a lot.

If you're not interested in it enough, then you might have a hard time passing, especially the UK Financial Regulations module (which can be really dry in some areas).

I also don't know specifically why you have a hard time focusing or losing motivation all the time. If there are underlying issues, you might want to speak to a counselor. If you want to find out your life's direction after your CeMap, you could look for a life coach or speak to people who are working in certain industries.
Matthew926189
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
first of all i really do appreciate the reply thank you, I am motivated 100% to do the qualification and to attempt my best to pass it especially as it would coincide with helping out my dad after passing the exam and would take a lot of weight off of his shoulders in some aspects, my main reason as to why I'm struggling is I can easily adapt to situations and learn in an environment like i have done with the estate agency and helping out with the financial services aspect of things I've picked up the majority of it already its just really nailing down the specifics and learning the rest of the module but when it gets to sit down and just read and learn I really struggle to do it at all, i do believe i know the direction i want to go after this but i can look at that as well, once again thank you for your reply and i apologise if it seems i wasted your time
Last edited by Matthew926189; 4 months ago
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Matthew926189)
first of all i really do appreciate the reply thank you, I am motivated 100% to do the qualification and to attempt my best to pass it especially as it would coincide with helping out my dad after passing the exam and would take a lot of weight off of his shoulders in some aspects, my main reason as to why I'm struggling is I can easily adapt to situations and learn in an environment like i have done with the estate agency and helping out with the financial services aspect of things I've picked up the majority of it already its just really nailing down the specifics and learning the rest of the module but when it gets to sit down and just read and learn I really struggle to do it at all, i do believe i know the direction i want to go after this but i can look at that as well, once again thank you for your reply and i apologise if it seems i wasted your time
So you're saying you're less of the academic and more of the sort who learns better by doing? Then that's a style of learning, not really a personal issue e.g. restless when sitting down is not necessarily a sign of demotivation as more of a trait. If so, it doesn't make you any less intelligent as far as I'm concerned, as opposed to different. Of course, you might want a second opinion from a psychology professional to confirm, since I'm just speculating.

If you do have trouble with learning the details, then you always have your father who can talk you through them. If you find it easier to learn by talking about it than reading and studying, then it's a better alternative.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed