floppyfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thats it, what respectable universities offer the best zoology courses? So far I've been looking at Bristol, Reading, and RoHo but I'm not sure how good the courses are there... help?
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by floppyfish)
thats it, what respectable universities offer the best zoology courses? So far I've been looking at Bristol, Reading, and RoHo but I'm not sure how good the courses are there... help?
Hey floppyfish,

So personally I don't study zoology but, Jessica does so you might find it useful to speaking to her about the course etc! But, I can tell you some useful facts about the zoology course at Reading Uni. Once you have graduated from Reading Uni you are eligible for a membership at the Royal Society of Biology and you can apply for Chartered Biologist status. There's such a large variety of careers after graduating including conservation, ecotourism etc.

We also have our new 60m health and life-sciences building which is where your studies will be based in. It contains great research facilities and more! On-campus we also our Cole Museum of Zoology which has over 3500 natural specimens which is used a lot throughout the degree. You can also volunteer at the museum too and get training in curation.

There are also a number of exciting things you can take part in during the course including placements, study abroad and field trips.

I hope this has helped you and please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!😊
From,

Amina
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

Zoology at the University of Sheffield is excellent. Here is the link to the course page: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/bioscien...ourses/zoology

There are lots of different options for how you can study a zoology degree at Sheffield. Aside from the standard BSc in Zoology, you can do an extra year to graduate with an integrated Masters, complete a placement year, or do both!

The Sheffield course also offers a number of amazing field courses in the third year with options including Borneo, Portugal, Wales, Sweden, and The Peak District. The University is also home to the Alfred Denny Museum, with hundreds of high-quality specimens, which can be used as part of your Level 3 research project, or modules in earlier levels of study.

I am more of a plant scientist myself but Sheffield's biology degrees offer a number of options for studying animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, and the principles of conservation. The course also offers a Level 2 module where you have the opportunity to make your own wildlife documentary!

I hope I have been of help, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Daniel
MBiolSci
Biology with a Year Abraod
floppyfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Sheffield Students)
Hi there,

Zoology at the University of Sheffield is excellent. Here is the link to the course page: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/bioscien...ourses/zoology

There are lots of different options for how you can study a zoology degree at Sheffield. Aside from the standard BSc in Zoology, you can do an extra year to graduate with an integrated Masters, complete a placement year, or do both!

The Sheffield course also offers a number of amazing field courses in the third year with options including Borneo, Portugal, Wales, Sweden, and The Peak District. The University is also home to the Alfred Denny Museum, with hundreds of high-quality specimens, which can be used as part of your Level 3 research project, or modules in earlier levels of study.

I am more of a plant scientist myself but Sheffield's biology degrees offer a number of options for studying animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, and the principles of conservation. The course also offers a Level 2 module where you have the opportunity to make your own wildlife documentary!

I hope I have been of help, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Daniel
MBiolSci
Biology with a Year Abraod
Sheffield seems lovely! Its just that I'd like to stay in South England so that I'm not too far from London which is where my parents would be living. I might still consider it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (73)
18.91%
The paper was reasonable (146)
37.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (111)
28.76%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.51%

Watched Threads