Americans

Watch
Lwexi12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are the stereotypes of people in America?
sad012
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That you support Trump, eat a lot of burgers, have a lot of sex and house parties with those red cups.
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sad012)
That you support Trump, eat a lot of burgers, have a lot of sex and house parties with those red cups.
sounds about right
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Obese.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most people in America are fond of beef hotdogs topped with mustard, served with a 32oz soda.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gun totin' yahoos
Lwexi12
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Most people in America are fond of beef hotdogs topped with mustard, served with a 32oz soda.
hahah yeah we have abnormal sizes lol
(Original post by sad012)
hahahaha that's funnnyyyy
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
- You either live in a mansion or a slum.
- As said above, love of red cups.
- You have some strange unspoken history with the Greeks? I dunno, your uni's seem to give that impression..
- Very politically active (like, shouty active) as I hear more Americans complaining about politics than any other country... more so than actual 3rd world countries lol
- Good career prospects for medicine and law students (law in the UK isn't all that good if you're in a crap area)
- More healthy drinking culture than the UK, teens in the UK get overly-gassed when they hit drinking age
- Opposing the above, less healthy drug culture in the US (specifically weed) where you guys get gassed at 21 (or whatever it is)
- Worse looking cars, apart from muscle cars where you guys have the worlds best - they look fire.
- Much higher salaries in normal terms, how that compares when factoring the currency difference, you probably still are higher.
- The West (California) speaks for the whole US as far as the rest of the world hear, we rarely hear about places like Colorado and Oregon unless there's like a riot or smth. New York too occasionally.
yeetouttawindow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fat, lazy, rude, stupid, loud, arrogant, 'karen', racist, xenophobic, nationalism, appalling healthcare and education system, zero gun control, lack of cultural awareness, environmental ignorance, materialism, over-consumption, and extreme capitalism place, mitary zeal, workaholic culture, a place which sounded cool when you were a kid but a place to be scared of as an adult...
Lwexi12
Rep:
?
(Original post by yeetouttawindow)
fat, lazy, rude, stupid, loud, arrogant, 'karen', racist, xenophobic, nationalism, appalling healthcare and education system, zero gun control, lack of cultural awareness, environmental ignorance, materialism, over-consumption, and extreme capitalism place, mitary zeal, workaholic culture, a place which sounded cool when you were a kid but a place to be scared of as an adult...
well then...like most countries there are some people who are like that but I can assure you I am not one lol
yeetouttawindow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you also claim you're from another country probably irish or italy or some made up European country
yet hate immigrants
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a well OTT.

id say most Americans are louder then Brits and their is nationalism but a lot of it is just very different type of Nationalism to what the UK is used to. In general id say Americans are far friendlier & polite when compared to Brits.

American healthcare is far from appalling, in many respects its superior. It is just a much greater gradient of quality heavily impacted by financial accessibility to insurance. The education system is pretty mixed bag, again id refer to a much larger gradient of quality.

I think most Americans are probably net wealthier and happier then most people in the UK. The media here tends to focus in on extremes rather then averages. Most average people living in a suburbans area have a pretty good life in America and aren’t actually gun totting maniacs.
Lwexi12
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
This is a well OTT.

id say most Americans are louder then Brits and their is nationalism but a lot of it is just very different type of Nationalism to what the UK is used to. In general id say Americans are far friendlier & polite when compared to Brits.

American healthcare is far from appalling, in many respects its superior. It is just a much greater gradient of quality heavily impacted by financial accessibility to insurance. The education system is pretty mixed bag, again id refer to a much larger gradient of quality.

I think most Americans are probably net wealthier and happier then most people in the UK. The media here tends to focus in on extremes rather then averages. Most average people living in a suburbans area have a pretty good life in America and aren’t actually gun totting maniacs.
i agree
yeetouttawindow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
This is a well OTT.

op wanted stereotypes not facts
Last edited by yeetouttawindow; 1 month ago
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
stereotypes
Understood, I just think it’s quite an extreme portrayal. That is not the stereotypical average American.

Although I do agree these things are perpetrated in British media.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (437)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (333)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (413)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (138)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.07%
Loneliness (255)
8.59%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (160)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (280)
9.44%

Watched Threads