Should I call her?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This was before the covid lockdowns. So I met a girl on a dating site and took her on dinner as a date. She seemed so nice and really attractive.
When we were having dinner at the restaurant, she was kind of acting mean with the waiter which I completely didn't like. She also prevented me from tipping the waiter and behave rudely with him. So it just kind of made me angry and I paid the bill and walked off from the restaurant leaving her alone and not looking back. After coming back home, I saw four missed call from her and didnt called her back as I was kind of pissed at that moment.
Now yesterday she suddenly texted me just with a 'Hi'.Now, should I contact her? She is kind of pretty and my first and only date after coming to this country (Leeds, uk) .I am also not sure whether that kind of behavior is regular in this country or not. OR did she did it on purpose because she didn't like me? So any suggestion would be appreciated.
Me and the waiter both is brown skin. or is this just a case of racism?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This was before the covid lockdowns. So I met a girl on a dating site and took her on dinner as a date. She seemed so nice and really attractive.
When we were having dinner at the restaurant, she was kind of acting mean with the waiter which I completely didn't like. She also prevented me from tipping the waiter and behave rudely with him. So it just kind of made me angry and I paid the bill and walked off from the restaurant leaving her alone and not looking back. After coming back home, I saw four missed call from her and didnt called her back as I was kind of pissed at that moment.
Now yesterday she suddenly texted me just with a 'Hi'.Now, should I contact her? She is kind of pretty and my first and only date after coming to this country (Leeds, uk) .I am also not sure whether that kind of behavior is regular in this country or not. OR did she did it on purpose because she didn't like me? So any suggestion would be appreciated.
I dont think it’s racism as she’s going out with you, but I think she’s just really spoilt , it’s not normal to treat someone like that. If you are going to call her , then talk to her about this situation and give her a chance however if she carries on being rude then dump her
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Maybe its racism or maybe not. Maybe she thought you will be white by looking at your photos but turned out something else. And yea, no one does that behavior to waiter. she seems like a spoil child.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is why there is a saying about how people treat serving staff shows their character, and why I don't believe you can have a solely online relationship, as you don't get the same interactions as real life. She sounds like she is a snob and has a superiority complex.

Being kind of pretty and your first date shouldn't be reasons to get back in touch with her. If you do, you are condoning this behaviour, and it will reflect badly on you as well if she did this again. You shouldn't have to tell her that you are unhappy with what she did; she's lacking the basic decency and, if she doesn't know this, she's lacking self-awareness too.
Last edited by Surnia; 1 month ago
ruqaiyahhhhh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im from leeds too ahaha

Being rude to anybody doing their job isnt it imo she was rude ... Tbh I think it's better to leave her and move on.
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
being rude unnecessarily is a red flag imo she had no reason to behave like that (being disrespectful towards staff is unacceptable). Just move on.
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She is probably going through her contacts and seeing who she can contact to talk to people.
Me personally, I would move on and find someone who has better manners and is more respectful towards others.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, not racism as such, she's just insanely rude.

That's just so disrespectful, to be rude to someone whose literally just doing their job, lmfao I expect the elderly generation to flip tables lmfao..

It just shows how people were raised really if they behave really rudely to people who are providing service to them. I think you should have just said then and there that you didn't tolerate her behaviour and then said you'd leave, rather than leaving would have saved the four missed calls maybe ahaha.

Don't contact her, a pretty face as you now know doesn't equal a pretty personality, imagine the commotions she could cause in public places in the future. No one wants a Karen anymore (no offence to those of you actually called Karen's and aren't uptight)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yea maybe I should just block her number and go on with my life.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
yea maybe I should just block her number and go on with my life.
it better to do dat. She is mean and inhumane.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No- best to have no further contact or interaction with her.
You seem to have very little in common, totally different values and you don't sound that positive towards her.
Now may not be the right time for you to be dating or seeking a relationship; with all the extra stress, disruption to regular routines and pandemic restrictions.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she was in a bad mood or she was just being a jerk, either way I’d just ask her why she behaved like that
npic9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It shows you how their character is if they’re being rude to a waiter, doesn’t matter if it’s a “ bad day ” you don’t disrespect anyone no matter what they work as, unless the waiter was giving attitude or aggression first ( which I presume not ) The behaviour in this country is frowned upon so I recommend to ignore it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise