Lularx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya,
I applied to Durham uni for international relations, with entry grade AAA and my UCAS grades matched this. But I got an offer for sociology instead which is AAB. I definitely don’t want to do that course and am set on IR - is clearing for Durham worth it ????
Leeds is my backup and have received an offer for IR at BBB too.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lularx)
Hiya,
I applied to Durham uni for international relations, with entry grade AAA and my UCAS grades matched this. But I got an offer for sociology instead which is AAB. I definitely don’t want to do that course and am set on IR - is clearing for Durham worth it ????
Leeds is my backup and have received an offer for IR at BBB too.
It's very rare that Durham goes into clearing, and even rarer they have spaces left by A level results day, so unfortunately that's unlikely to be a possible route in IR is very competitive also which makes it even less likely to be one of the courses in clearing. Of course, you may be lucky and it may be, so it's worth looking on results day, but I wouldn't put all your energy into it or anything as it's an outside chance.
Lularx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
It's very rare that Durham goes into clearing, and even rarer they have spaces left by A level results day, so unfortunately that's unlikely to be a possible route in IR is very competitive also which makes it even less likely to be one of the courses in clearing. Of course, you may be lucky and it may be, so it's worth looking on results day, but I wouldn't put all your energy into it or anything as it's an outside chance.
I did think that might be the case ! I loved Leeds too and there was some similarities - I also think their social side is better ? So it’s not the end of the world, I might give it a try - but my hopes aren’t up !
Thank you so much for replying
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lularx)
I did think that might be the case ! I loved Leeds too and there was some similarities - I also think their social side is better ? So it’s not the end of the world, I might give it a try - but my hopes aren’t up !
Thank you so much for replying
That seems entirely sensible :yep: The social side is certainly very different at Leeds, many people do prefer it
You're welcome, hope you have a great time wherever you end up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads