The Student Room Group

how can i stop procrastinating?

i’m in year 13 and i’ve been in a slump since around december, which is affecting my performance in school and will probably affect my final grades.

i’ve had pretty much the same to do list to complete for the last three months, to finish off all of my revision notes and essay plans, but i never get anything done so my list and revision plan keeps getting delayed. i’ve been trying nearly every productivity hack, even ones that are scientifically proven, but nothing’s helping and it feels like it’s impossible to get anything done.

can anyone give some advice? :smile:
Reply 1
delete tsr :wink:
Reply 2
Seriously get a productivity app like forest, rabit or a pomodoro timer to help you when doing work.
Zoom call friends or other people to do work with (so long as you don't get distracted)
Study with me's on Youtube if you can't zoom people as they will normally insert breaks in as well.
I see to do list's don't help so ditch them if you can't use them
Structure your day more maybe? So like plan when you will work and take breaks and stick to it!
Also it really depends when you work best, so for me early in the morning or late at night when everyone in my house is asleep.

I hope this is helpful x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending