Bar Course with LLM Postgrad funding

Watch
rosie1203!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya,
For context I am an undergrad from the UK in her third year of a law degree. I have confirmed that I am eligible for postgraduate funding in general for the year.

However, i've been in contact with SFE to discuss getting a postgraduate loan in order to fund my bar course with an LLM integrated. I've had different advice from 2 different workers of SFE.

One person said that every bar course with the LLM will be eligible for funding no matter what university however the other said that the specific bar course with LLM I was interested in- at Northumbria University was not eligible for postgraduate funding.

Does anyone know anymore about this or whether there are actually any unis with Bar Course LLM that are eligible for postgrad funding? If so which ones?

Thanks so much !!!
judge_john_deed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To my knowledge all LLM BPTCs are eligible for the SFE funding. Northumbria also offers a course which is an LLB plus an integrated BPTC, which is not eligible for postgrad funding because you use undergrad funding on it - perhaps they’ve confused the two courses?
rosie1203!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by judge_john_deed)
To my knowledge all LLM BPTCs are eligible for the SFE funding. Northumbria also offers a course which is an LLB plus an integrated BPTC, which is not eligible for postgrad funding because you use undergrad funding on it - perhaps they’ve confused the two courses?
That's exactly what I thought - I contacted Northumbria's law department and spoke to a member of their applicants team after I spoke to SFE and they confirmed that it wasn't eligible for funding, but like you said maybe they've confused the two courses. Thanks so much for your response - hopefully I can get it sorted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (122)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (368)
14.83%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (271)
10.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (350)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (113)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (150)
6.04%
Loneliness (213)
8.58%
Financial worries (92)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.27%
Exposure to negative news/social media (119)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (131)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (215)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (232)
9.35%

Watched Threads