samw99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi i’m 21 and i finish uni in june. too be honest i don’t have a clue what i want to do with my life and it’s quite depressing seeing people i went to school with having full time jobs and moving houses and starting families. i’ve currently got a job working a tesco for the last 4 years, can buy what ever i want to and pay my rent but i feel if i don’t change something at the end of june i’m gonna be stuck in a rut. i’ve been wanting to go to australia all my life and i’d love to go out and work there doing anything. know this sounds really cliche but if i had the opportunity i think it would change my life. just wondering if anyone’s got any advice or experiences? cheers
Typhoon23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have personal experience of living abroad (yet), but surely anything that makes your life more exciting or enjoyable is worth it. Even if you don't like a change after you make it you can always come back. Why don't you weigh up the pros/cons of staying or going and make a decision from that?
Also, there are lots of websites / youtube videos called 'What is it like living in *country* for British people'. Reading something like that might help you to understand how it would affect your life.
samw99
Rep:
?
i’ve been talking to people at work about the situation and they’re all like mid 40s and i was saying if i don’t do something now i’ll be too old and they’re like you won’t be but you don’t really hear of people travelling in their late twenties early thirties. guess i just had a vision of how life is gonna go and it just hasn’t happened yet. i’ve been reading blogs and i’ve looked at youtube videos but they don’t really paint the full picture, most of them are talking about their experience which yeah is what i want to hear, but also how to go about doing it. thanks for your comments tho appreciate it
Typhoon23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey no problem, I hope you make the choice that's right for you!
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Travel, you learn a lot more about yourself by travelling and putting yourself out there in new situations than staying in one place.

I've loved staying in different countries, actually planning on Australia myself in October this year.
samw99
Rep:
?
(Original post by spanker)
Travel, you learn a lot more about yourself by travelling and putting yourself out there in new situations than staying in one place.

I've loved staying in different countries, actually planning on Australia myself in October this year.
yeah i think i’d just love the thought of independence and having to do things for my self, not that i don’t now but just in different scenarios.

australia has always been the place i want to go, just looks unreal and would love to watch an ashes test match!! hope you have the chance to go!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed